Saxenda!

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Not everyone can just lose weight from diet and exercise alone, !

No..actually everyone CAN.

But not everyone is committed enough to make the sacrifices necessary to do so.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    AGAIN! Didn't get on here to argue. Not everyone can just lose weight from diet and exercise alone, so the boost is needed from some people. I will just forget that I said anything and continue to talk to people who know and understand what I'm trying to do. Thanks anyway...so much for supportive site!

Unless people have a serious medical condition everyone can lose weight from diet and exercise alone. The few who can't have thyroid conditions or PCOS, and with proper care they can still lose weight from diet and exercise alone.

You keep getting upset when people correct your scientifically incorrect information.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    AGAIN! Didn't get on here to argue. Not everyone can just lose weight from diet and exercise alone, so the boost is needed from some people. I will just forget that I said anything and continue to talk to people who know and understand what I'm trying to do. Thanks anyway...so much for supportive site!

We're supportive of people trying to loose weight. Not the people trying to sell them products.
    Have a lovely afternoon.
  • stephdillard513
    stephdillard513 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me it did not work, plus I ended up with so many bruises from the injections, I looked awful; I have heard tho of it helping other people
  • aprilmburgroff82
    aprilmburgroff82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    not selling anything and you too!:)
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Unless people have a serious medical condition everyone can lose weight from diet and exercise alone. The few who can't have thyroid conditions or PCOS, and with proper care they can still lose weight from diet and exercise alone.

At the risk of coming off like the "a 24 hour chicken broth cleanse cured my dog" person, even thyroid and PCOS do not suspend the basic formula. My wife has both conditions, and is losing weight following the CICO precepts, albeit at a lower rate than "normal". Her NEAT is lower, so the 1000 calorie deficit mfp maps for normal people seems to be around 600 for her. The way the endocrinologist explained it is that her metabolism runs like a hybrid, which lets her body do the same work with fewer calories.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

At the risk of coming off like the "a 24 hour chicken broth cleanse cured my dog" person, even thyroid and PCOS do not suspend the basic formula. My wife has both conditions, and is losing weight following the CICO precepts, albeit at a lower rate than "normal". Her NEAT is lower, so the 1000 calorie deficit mfp maps for normal people seems to be around 600 for her. The way the endocrinologist explained it is that her metabolism runs like a hybrid, which lets her body do the same work with fewer calories.

I understand this, which is why I said that diet and exercise still works for them. It's not as much of a straight forward equation for them, but diet and exercise still work.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    This reads more like an advertisement than anything else.

honestly it sounds like science fiction to me.

and as someone with IBS, i'm amazed that messing with normal digestive processes to create an aversive stimulus is considered ethical. what happens to people's guts when they go off the drug, longer-term?
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    This reads more like an advertisement than anything else.

honestly it sounds like science fiction to me.

and as someone with IBS, i'm amazed that messing with normal digestive processes to create an aversive stimulus is considered ethical. what happens to people's guts when they go off the drug, longer-term?

To be honest, weight gain is your body working too good. Evolutionary speaking having fat rocks. Problem is that any medication to help is going to have to make your body less efficient. :/
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    The thing about this drug is that, given the potential side-effects (which may be deadly), the common side effects, and the fact that you must reduce caloric intake anyway in order to lose weight on the drug, I just can't see why anyone would take it unless their health was already so bad due to obesity that they might soon die anyway. This is somewhat reflected in the fact that you have to either be obese, or technically overweight with some other related condition to get it (unless your doctor is mis-prescribing). Nonetheless, if you look at the risks of the drug itself, and consider that the only benefit is reduced appetite, I hope that anyone who agrees to try this first just tries snacking on all-bran and vegetables or something to stay full (for instance). If you can feel physically full, or even just "not hungry" and still keep eating for pleasure (which is not uncommon), then taking this drug is an awful idea for your health.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    bootsie26 wrote: »
    I tried Saxenda and I loved what it did for me but my insurance would not pay for it ,if anyone knows where I could get some for a reasonable price please contact me at RColl87750@aol.com , I would really appreciate it ,thanks,Roberta

Just checking: Are you asking for a legit pharmacy that will sell it to you cheaply with a doctor's Rx, or an end run around Drs and pharmacies to get what you want at a good price? Asking where to get prescriptions for cheap sounds sort of shady.
  • miluti
    miluti Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Hey April; we have a much more supportive thread going over here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/34089752

Lots of results on how other people are finding the medication as well, which I expect you'll find useful/helpful. :)
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    No!
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Say no to drugs for weight loss! LOOK at the side effects!!! slurred speech and coma!!!!
    Whats the problem with counting calories and exercising??? Too hard for who????? No magic pill people.

Bladder pain
    bloody or cloudy urine
    cough or hoarseness
    diarrhea
    difficult, burning, or painful urination
    fever or chills
    frequent urge to urinate
    general feeling of discomfort or illness
    headache
    joint pain
    loss of appetite
    lower back or side pain
    muscle aches and pains
    nausea
    runny nose
    shivering
    sore throat
    sweating
    trouble sleeping
    unusual tiredness or weakness
    vomiting
    Blurred vision
    dizziness
    nervousness
    pounding in the ears
    slow or fast heartbeat
    Anxiety
    cold sweats
    coma
    confusion
    cool, pale skin
    depression
    hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
    increased hunger
    large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
    nightmares
    redness of the skin
    seizures
    shakiness
    slurred speech
    Incidence not known
    Agitation
    clay-colored stools
    confusion
    dark urine
    decreased urine output
    depression
    difficulty with swallowing
    hostility
    irritability
    lethargy
    muscle twitching
    puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
    rapid weight gain
    stupor
    swelling of the face, ankles, or hands
    tightness in the chest
    unpleasant breath odor
    vomiting of blood
    yellow eyes or skin
    Abdominal or stomach cramps, discomfort, or pain
    acid or sour stomach
    back pain
    belching
    body aches or pain
    constipation
    decreased appetite
    heartburn
    indigestion
    loss of voice
    pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
    sneezing
    stuffy nose
    swollen mouth and tongue
    unpleasant taste
    urge to have bowel movement
    weight loss
    Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
  • sunandmoons
    edited September 2015
    Options

Maybe irratable or aggravated.. its part of the side effects.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options

Lol well... I get this way on reducing calories too - it's called being hangry. ;) That being said, I don't want to do drugs.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Say no to drugs for weight loss! LOOK at the side effects!!! slurred speech and coma!!!!

It's tough to overeat if you can't feed yourself, amirite?
  • sunandmoons
    Options
    Youareright! lol
  • sunandmoons
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »

Lol well... I get this way on reducing calories too - it's called being hangry. ;) That being said, I don't want to do drugs.

:p
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I took all kinds of different wieghtloss drugs in the 90's. Lost weight fast, all short term, gained more back later. No one taught me how to eat properly. MFP has given me the power/information to understand how weightloss works and why it works, you don't need drugs you need commitment, otherwise soon as you stop taking the drug your back motor boating family size pizzas.