More motivation.

Options
I exercise pretty often but don't get the results I'm looking for. Feels like I'm not getting any stronger. I've been working out for like 6 months now and slightly improved but I still cannot really do much. Any suggestions?

Replies

• cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing what it is your doing for exercise. Personally I try to incorporate both weight training and cardio. I prefer weight training but I know cardio is important too. I workout at home and find that just following a dvd program the easiest for me. The less I have to think about what to do the better. I just follow the schedule given and it works for me. Nutrition is important to for weight-loss and muscle gain. If you'd like to know more about what programs I've done send me a message. I sent you a friend request. :smile:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Agree with above. It's hard to tell why you are having little success without knowing what you are doing and your body type. When you say you exercise, do you do a lot of cardio? Excessive cardio can be counterproductive to building muscle as you are burning so many cals your body can't compensate. I'm a runner but am a cross between mesomorph and endomorph. I remain thick and, um, curvyish no matter how much I run. On the flip, my son, also a runner, is an ectomorph. He has a devil of a time building muscle. He eats about 3500 cals a day and works his upper body religiously three days a week to maintain a defined chest. He also makes sure he consumes a good split of carbs for running and protein for building.

Hope something here helps!
    ~leslisa
  • BGirl_Sandwich
    BGirl_Sandwich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cbond74 wrote: »
    It's hard to say without knowing what it is your doing for exercise. Personally I try to incorporate both weight training and cardio. I prefer weight training but I know cardio is important too. I workout at home and find that just following a dvd program the easiest for me. The less I have to think about what to do the better. I just follow the schedule given and it works for me. Nutrition is important to for weight-loss and muscle gain. If you'd like to know more about what programs I've done send me a message. I sent you a friend request. :smile:
    I do weight training only with my own weight. But not sure about the program. Can you help me with that?