Swearing off...

Options
msmindyf
msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
french fries..they are my ultimate downfall. I have made a promise to myself not to have any until July 5th..in hopes that I have no desire for them at that point. So far, I have surpassed 2 days :-)

What food have you given up due to its control over you?

Replies

• NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Regular Pepsi. I used to drink a 6 pack a day, easy.
  • tdc7591
    tdc7591 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chinese food... man gotta love those buffets. yum :(
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Potatoes and Pasta and Bread. If I eat pasta - I get triggered and then I want sweets and fatty foods. Since I have quit - they just don't call to me anymore. Good luck with your fry strike!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I have decided to give up alcohol because I find that I develop an "I don't care what I eat" attitude when I drink. Actually, it's more of a "I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON" attitude. This sort of attitude does not go well with trying to lose weight and get in shape.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am a slave for cheese pizza. I have spent too much money and have gained too much weigh because of it. The last time I ordered pizza was 17 days ago!! I don't want to have any for at least two more months.
  • Kathy11174
    Kathy11174 Posts: 82
    Options
    I have had to give up most cheese. I am allowing myself the fat free kind in my sandwich but that is only because it doesnt taste as good. I am a die hard cheese-a-holic! There were times I would eat a whole package in a day but not anymore, I havent had a good piece of cheese in over 3 months.
  • owlfan68
    owlfan68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Swedish fish!! I was eating it like it was going out of style and then I was getting in a Rita's waterice too...and by the quart some times............well needless to say I have not had any since January!! I feel like also as a result of this is has curbed significantly my sugar cravings big time!!
  • vbartholo
    vbartholo Posts: 4
    Options
    Back to Nature Peanut Butter Creme Cookies.... Oh how I love them, but how they don't love me back :(
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Fast food...we didn't eat that much overall (like once a week) but still. Now, when we get the craving for it, we head to a loval place that makes made to order stir-fry and has a drive thru window. The drive thru window usually takes care of the fast food craving by tricking the mind! :)
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    I have a weakness for chocolate and hot wings... It's usually easy for me to say no to anything when I'm focused, but its sometimes really hard to say no to chocolate. :cry:
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Cookies, bars, cake. I've never eaten tons of this stuff, but once I start, then my whole eating plan falls apart. Those foods seem to start an avalanche of bad choices. And the avalanche can continue for days. Very hard to get back on track. So, I've had very little of any baked goods since I started eating healthier about 11 months ago.
  • JenKoz4
    JenKoz4 Posts: 37
    Options
    I've cut down from 6-12 Diet cokes to 1 a day if that. Sometimes I fall off the bandwagon, but I'd rather have diet coke than coffee with 4 tablespoons of sugar in it.

The hardest thing I've done was "Fast" which meant no fat, no salt, no sugar. It was interesting finding ways to make the things in our cupboards work towards that diet!
  • gettingthere2011
    gettingthere2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, breads. Hey I just like food. Now I'm finding recipes under skinnytaste.com and I'm using them. Not bad.
  • beastlye
    beastlye Posts: 37
    Options
    This might sound weird, but I used to chew gum like a madwoman. I know this is a pretty contentious issue, but sugar-free gum/drinks haven't helped me lose weight at all. I'm hoping that after I eliminate the fake sugars from my diet, I'll be on my way toward losing those last 10 lbs!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    currently i'm swearing off diet sodas and fast-food... ugh, it's not easy. I made it one day, and fell off the next, then do good for one day and fall off the next its a regular roller coaster.... Stupid cravings.... but still, progress is progress...even if it's slow lol....
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yes French fries and fried potatoes are my downfall!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have decided to give up alcohol because I find that I develop an "I don't care what I eat" attitude when I drink. Actually, it's more of a "I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON" attitude. This sort of attitude does not go well with trying to lose weight and get in shape.

OH! Me too!!!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    double post...why do I keep doing this?
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can't buy those Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Patties anymore....not the cookies, but the PB WAFERS.......mmmmmmm if I have them in the house, I WILL eat the entire package. In one sitting.

Oh, and peanut butter M&Ms. I try not to restrict anything while dieting to make it easier to stick with, but for as much will power as I do have these two things are my kryptonite!!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I gave up Coke when I started MFP. I was drinking at least 2 bottles a day of the regular stuff. I don't even need the caffeine fix anymore!