French vanilla tea with peppermint

Options
I just bought this yesterday (bigelow brand) and tried it on it's own... It was okay, smelled good but taste was kind of empty. I didn't add the milk or sugar as suggested. I got a bit of a caffeine buzz from it. I didn't hate it, didn't love it either.

Tried it this afternoon with a packet of peppermint tea thrown in ( so 1 bag French vanilla, one bag peppermint). Wow. It smelled like a sugar cookie, tasted all warm and minty, and appears to have interrupted my insane out of control cravings /'munchies. (It's that time and I usually just surrender. I think this may have saved the day). Beware the little caffeine kick though...

Replies

• brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That sounds sooo delicious!! Thanks!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    This sounds like absolute heaven. Thx!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Sure thing ... To ward off disappointment though, I would tell you that it definitely tastes strongly of mint, much less like vanilla. The scent of vanilla is tricky though and I felt like I was having something naughty. My tastebuds are satisfied for the first time all day. The only downside to tryIng it In the evening, after dinner, is the caffeine issue.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the scent is all you need. Sounds perfect for mint-lovers. :drinker:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Having my second round of this today, but I added in a couple tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 tsp sugar. Woah. So mellow. It's lovely. New addiction on the horizon. :)