wounded foot...can't really do the walking thing...

well folks....dropped a hammer on the top of my foot. Need to see Dr and make sure its not broke. My pain tolerance measure is busted and so I can't rely on 'pain' to get my attention...anyone have ideas for what I could do to burn calories without using a foot??? I did it last Sunday and its just not getting better and today I am feelin' it. Open to any suggestions!

Replies

• BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Shadow Boxing!

Just sit on the edge of your couch or your favorite chair and practice your punches. You'd be surprised how much you can get your heart rate up just sitting on your couch.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Thank you! that's perfect! walking is what I always do and trying to work into a jog but until this foot heals, I need a replacement. Thanking you much!
  • Bordenave
    Bordenave Posts: 13
    You can also sit in a chair. Raise your legs. Hold in your stomach as much as possible and do scissor kicks up and down as well as sideways. I do 100 each and they are wittling down my thights.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    I had this problem after dropping a refrigerator shelf on my toe (currently waiting for the nail to fall off, its not pretty) was able to get it so I could put presure on my foot, but still have trouble jogging and walking where that toe will bend, I got a cheap stepper, and have been using that, tho it seems like your injury might be tougher, can you ride a stationary bike, maybe the lowest resistance so you can just pedel fast without a lot of pressure? otherwise just take it easy, its better in the long run just to let it heal.
  • HisBeloved65
    the injury is right above my middle toes in the bend of my foot. I think the claw part of the hammer hit the top of my foot (cant quite remember as it was blinding pain at the moment it happened) I was also barefoot :-)
    I kept trying to walk with it just being cautious but I think I might be making is worse. It has a large bump...I just dont want to lose my momentum so I will try the things suggested here. Thanks again.
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    You can do tons of stuff! Anything to get you sweaty :)

Situps- do them side to side also to get some variety in your abdomen muscles
    Pushups-Do them girly style on your knees
    Cherry pickers-hold your arms out to your sides and touch your fingertips to shoulders then neck and back out again-do until failure

If you have exercise bands, a stability ball or dumbbells look up some awesome things to do on those as well.
  • HisBeloved65
    You guys rock! thanks...I journey on!