New to site..not to dieting

Options
Hi all! I lost 100 lbs about 4 years ago on weight watchers. Then I started doing body for life. I loved my new body. After some life struggles, I have added 40 lbs back to my once svelt frame. :-( I have been trying to lose it for the last year, and have only managed to either gain, or maintain. I've probably lost and gained 100 more pounds this way. After reading and reading..and reading some more, I am taking a new approach...I'm going to eat more to lose! I think what I've done is eat way too little for the amount of muscle mass that I have, so everytime I screwed up on my diet, I gained 2 or 3 more pounds..grrr. So, I realize it might take a few gained pounds to even out my system, I am hopefull that I will see a downward trend in a few weeks. :-)
Thanks for listening.
Hannah

Replies

• cdskates
    cdskates Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds plausible to me! I'm sure you'll get your "sexy back" in no time. =)
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    Thanks! I sure hope so!!
  • michelnie
    michelnie Posts: 30
    Options
    Good luck to you! And if you have any queries don't hesitate to ask, I've been through plenty bumps along the way but I've managed to surpass them.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've done the Weight Watchers diet and gained back half of what I lost on the program, so I know what youve been through! Best of luck with your new approach though! Youve got it this time!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had success with body for life too. It worked wonders getting me fit and burning fat. It has totally changed the way I look at food. For the last 10lbs or so I came here and started incorporating calorie counting into the mix, while still following all the basic principles of BFL. This site really helped me fine tune my caloric intake. Hope you find success with it as well.
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am hopefull that this approach will work, and even if I don't lose that much weight, I'm hoping to at least feel alive again. I'm sick of being sick and tired and I think my eating has been the culprit.