Hey, i am a girl trying to gain weight

I currently weigh 100lbs and I want to gain 10lbs of muscle. I was lucky to have a slim figure without having to exercise. Why do I want to gain weight? I want to take care of my body, be healthy, and be strong. I may be petite but it doesn't mean I feel healthy.

Replies

• max2912
    max2912 Posts: 2 Member
    Awesome! I am aiming for the same goal weight, but I'm coming from the other direction. :smiley: Here's hoping we can meet in the middle! Good luck to you!
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    You'll need to eat a little above maintenance and get into some lifting. I don't do that, myself....so I can't tell you much beyond that...but that's the general idea
  • supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Hey! There's so many people here who are out of shape and trying to get back into shape. So it's awesome that you're taking such a healthy approach to continue being in good shape!

My advice, head over to bodybuilding.com, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan.html
    Here you can pick a plan designed by a professional by making choices depending on your experience and goals. Come back here and use MyFitnessPal food diary to keep your nutrition in check. These plans should have a great weight lifting routine with cardio and should give plenty of information and videos for each day of your workout.

And just in case you don't know already, weights, do not make girls look like men. Sorry if you already know this and this sounds patronizing but a lot of women today don't realize that weights actually accentuate everything that's womanly about a women. When you see women that look like men, you know the ones I mean. That's because they've taken testosterone injections. (Testosterone makes men look like men, women have very very little testosterone which is why you look like women). Sorry if you already knew all of that, but it's a rumour being spread by some women too lazy to do what you're doing.

If you need anymore help, advice, tips or anything just add me! Have fun!