I'm hungry, what's my best take out lunch choice

Options
I am at work, forgot my lunch at home and I'm starving. I weigh in tomorrow so want to keep it clean but the only places around me are Japanese, Chinese and Thai.
What do you think would be the best, healthiest and low sodium choice?

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Japanese - Sashimi (if you like raw fish)
    Chinese - Moo goo gai pan, I personally skip rice and eat a whole portion of this
    Thai - Sorry, don't have any suggestions here. I love Pad See Ew and it's pretty calorie dense and I will put soy sauce over the top. It's flat noodles with brocolli and egg, and I add chicken. It's delicious.
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would say a MacDonalds side salad with no dressing.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

This. I'd be hitting up a fast food place for salad or the going to the nearest grocery store and grabbing a piece of fruit, a greek yogurt, and maybe a box of those 100 calorie packs of nuts.

• Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks everyone, and yes no McD's near me. I am in an industrial area. I opted for Sushi with green tea and edamame. Filled me up and not bad for my daily totals.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Chinese - plain steamed veg and protein! I always skip the rice.
  • lucstone
    lucstone Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thai. Pad Thai or pineapple fried rice.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks everyone, and yes no McD's near me. I am in an industrial area. I opted for Sushi with green tea and edamame. Filled me up and not bad for my daily totals.

Very good choice! I forgot Sushi, I love it but have it rarely.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options

What?!? Soooo practically no calories or nutritional input for lunch?

I just had a Big Mac and a parfait. Perfectly filling lots of needed macros and it fits very comfortably in my Calorie budget. Admittedly my budget is possibly larger bus still, a side salad can't be considered a meal by any sane adult.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options

She didn't name McD's as a lunch choice.

A side salad with no dressing comes to 15 calories. OP said she's hungry. Sounds legit.

OP, I'd agree on something like sashimi with a cucumber or seaweed salad, for Thai you could get green papaya salad or Thai beef salad (this might be a little high on the sodium, but then most of these choices are.)

Did you see that post trending on Facebook comparing a burger and soda to a side salad and water as examples of unhealthy vs healthy?

That people look at that and think it makes sense is astounding to me.