The Dukan Diet

Options
I'm very intrigued by this book and thinking about trying it out.
If you have any feedback I would deeply appreciate it.
I don't want to buy the book for nothing. :/

Thank you,
Coco D. :)

Replies

• ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My sister bought the book and tried it and only lasted 4 days before becoming a starving angry person whose family begged her to eat some carbs again.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    My sister bought the book and tried it and only lasted 4 days before becoming a starving angry person whose family begged her to eat some carbs again.
    Ha ha! I heard that from another similar post, too.
  • BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What is the basic idea of the diet. Just no carbs?
  • jimennis
    jimennis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The only way to go is to count the calories and learn to eat sensible and exercise. I still eat what I like just less of it and I also have added foods I use to ignore. You go on a diet like that and you will lose but you better stay on it or boom you get it all back and quick!
  • CrashD
    CrashD Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lol! Wow I think I'd be the same way.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was on it and did lose. Then I hit a plateau and was losing inches but very little weight. Of course, I am over 60 and I know my metabolism has slowed d o w n !!!! I didn't have the book but just went on line and got all the info I needed. The one thing I love about low carb diets is that you don't have cravings like normal. Basically the first phase is just meat, cheese, eggs for 2 weeks. Then you add veggies with an alternate pattern of the meat phase every other day. You should also eat some oat bran, which is much like oatmeal, to keep you regular! Hope this helps.
  • CrashD
    CrashD Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)