Is 1043 calories a day too few?

13»

Replies

• Rachel1534
    Rachel1534 Posts: 7 Member
    chunt87 wrote: »
    Hey, I dont know if you are reading these still, but I am in the same boat with the hashimotos. I am also short. You may not lose that much weight by that date, you may, depending on what your thyroid does. But please dont make yourself crazy about it. Depending on what the thyroid is doing it could go a bit crazy. It controls your metabolism.

I think if I had listened to my body and not tried to eat 1200-1700 calories a day when my medications were still being adjusted I would not have gained as much weight.

There is a Thyroid group on here that I am part of:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/753-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

and you may get better advice about calories and stuff there, check it out.

You should also talk to your doctor or endocrinologist about eating that little per day, and tell them how much weight you are trying to lose in the timeframe you are trying to lose it. They can also tell you what you should and shouldn't be eating.

Good luck and stay healthy

A fellow shorty, Hashi's gal! Hello! I'll check out that group. Thanks for the info. Thank you everyone for your input! I've read it all and will eat more calories. I appreciate the help. :-D