Best Foods to lose weight and also tastes good!!

Options
dasarip
dasarip Posts: 1 Member
Any suggestions!

Replies

• abrooks54
    abrooks54 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chipotle.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Pho
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What foods do you like?

^ Those foods - just in smaller portions - is your answer.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables, stir fry, grilled chicken, chili, stew, baked salmon, greens sauteed in olive oil and garlic, green beans, chicken with white wine and mushroom sauce, hummus, peanut butter on toast, buffalo chicken wraps, to name a few
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Calories in / Calories out

Just make choices that are filling and fit your macros (protein, fat, and carbs). Technically you could lose weight eating crap....as long as your calories were under goal. The problem with crap is it's not filling and/or doesn't meet protein and other goals.

Because I'm at reduced calories I try to get more "bang for my calorie buck." So Twinkies for breakfast won't cut it, I would be hungry a short time later.

Just log your normal foods (and measure PORTIONS!)....then tweak as needed.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If you like salads, I did a southwestern grilled chicken salad that was really good. I bought the Perdue chicken strips that are already grilled and used them. Here's the recipe -- 3 to 4 oz. grilled chicken (put in a fry pan on medium heat and sprinkle with taco seasoning mix). Heat until warmed through. Assemble 3 cups of mixed salad greens and 1/4 cup of 2% sharp cheddar cheese. Put warmed chicken on top. Add two tablespoons of Greek Yogurt ranch flavored dip and 1/4 cup of a good salsa. Really delish!! You could really add any kind of the usual salad vegetables; probably would be really good with some purple onion, bellpepper, maybe a little avocado. I just used what I had on hand. It's low fat as well.
  • Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Calories in / Calories out

Just make choices that are filling and fit your macros (protein, fat, and carbs). Technically you could lose weight eating crap....as long as your calories were under goal. The problem with crap is it's not filling and/or doesn't meet protein and other goals.

Because I'm at reduced calories I try to get more "bang for my calorie buck." So Twinkies for breakfast won't cut it, I would be hungry a short time later.

Just log your normal foods (and measure PORTIONS!)....then tweak as needed.

^^^ love this!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The ones you make yourself. :)

Experiment with different foods. Find out how you like them best and then make them that way. Personally, I think everything tastes better with onion. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    any food that tastes good and fits in my calorie allotment.
    I am a fan of ice cream sandwiches. Asian salad from McDs. dark chocolate raisinettes. smoked string cheese. etc
  • LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love my salads! Chef, Greek, Taco, etc. Topped with all kinds of protein and I love playing around with different dressings. Vegetables have so little calories I get to load up my plate because I like to eat (volume). Sometimes I'll splurge calorie-wise on my dressings or add some cheese or extra avocado.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Roasted vegetables, stir fry, grilled chicken, chili, stew, baked salmon, greens sauteed in olive oil and garlic, green beans, chicken with white wine and mushroom sauce, hummus, peanut butter on toast, buffalo chicken wraps, to name a few

I agree to all but peanut butter and hummus. I had to swear off peanut butter because I tend to overeat it even though I don't like it enough to justify the calories.. and hummus, it was a disappointment that I had to reduce my intake to 1/10 of my usual intake, so it's not exactly calorie-sparing because sesame butter which is used to make hummus is very high in calories.

OP make a list of the foods you really like eating, narrow the list to the dishes with lower calories, then narrow it further to the dishes that keep you full and you will have your daily go-to staples.

If you are looking for new ways to cook foods that taste good I suggest you check http://www.skinnytaste.com
  • NicoleK31
    NicoleK31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My favourite meal is a tex me salad. I mix spinach and green salad, topped with cubed chicken breast, a couple scoops of black beans sautéed quickly with some garlic, couple of spoons of chunky salsa, guacamole, shredded light cheese, low fat sour cream, cilantro, and enjoy like that. It's super filling and no dressing is needed.