nutrainja, nutrabullet, etc... non chunky green smoothies

Options
Which blenders, in your opinions, have you found make the best non chunky green smoothies?

On occasion, I would start off days with green smoothies, and feel quite good during the day. However, I just have a regular ol kitchen aid and I was always chewing half of the smoothie. I'd like to get back into that, but I'd also like to drink the smoothie ;)

All recommendations welcome, thank you!

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've got a Vitamix, and it skwooshes everything. I used my brother's Ninja recently and it was ok but it didn't completely skwoosh the capsules from my fish oil.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Vitamix! Don't go playing around buying other blenders just to find out they don't work right. Go and get the best.
  • neenbeck
    neenbeck Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I also have a vitamix. Total game changer! It's great for making soups as well as smoothies! I also make my own nut milk and nut butters! ❤️❤️❤️
  • WildCatClimbs
    WildCatClimbs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. Best investment ever. I have found on my health journey, that good kitchen tools are worth the investment. They make prep so much easier and thus easier to stick to.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my nutri ninja. It makes very smooth and creamy smoothies.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'd say vitamix or ninja system. I have the ninja system- it has a blender attachment, individual travel mugs you can use(like a mini blender) and a food processor attachment. It makes very smooth smoothies, and I use lots of frozen fruit. Haven't done "green" yet.
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just use a kitchen aid blender, and have no problem making non chunky green smoothies. What are you putting in? Are you letting it blend enough?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet and never get chunky smoothies. Love it!
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My Vitamix liquefies my green smoothies, no chunks at all! I do have the top of the line model, but for even the basic model price I would assume they work well.
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just recently got a NutriNinja and love it! I haven't had any problems with it not blending things and I take fruit and other ingredients straight out of the freezer!
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    kathyk519 wrote: »
    I just use a kitchen aid blender, and have no problem making non chunky green smoothies. What are you putting in? Are you letting it blend enough?

It could be because it is just old, or I'm impatient, lol. It doesn't even really do ice that well anymore.

Thanks for the help. Vitamix does sound like the way to go. It looks a lot easier to clean than my old one too, taking all the pieces apart... that might rank above unblended kale on why I want another, lol.
  • lisa40frosty
    lisa40frosty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet all the way ....cheaper than vitamix if you only need for smoothies ☺
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've got a Vitamix, and it skwooshes everything. I used my brother's Ninja recently and it was ok but it didn't completely skwoosh the capsules from my fish oil.

i'd be scared to drink on your smoothie.
  • Blondiez73
    Blondiez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Which blenders, in your opinions, have you found make the best non chunky green smoothies?

On occasion, I would start off days with green smoothies, and feel quite good during the day. However, I just have a regular ol kitchen aid and I was always chewing half of the smoothie. I'd like to get back into that, but I'd also like to drink the smoothie ;)

All recommendations welcome, thank you!

I use a Ninja, although I wish I had a Vitamix. My Ninja blender does the job but it can be challenging to stuff the pitcher full of ingredients because of the long tree of blades. I would rather it at the bottom of the pitcher instead of taking up space within the pitcher. That is my only issue with it, honestly. It blends wonderfully. My smoothies, dressings, dips, and soups turn out perfect.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    catwils1 wrote: »

i'd be scared to drink on your smoothie.

It's ok, I'm not adding fava beans and chianti ;-)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have the optimum 9400 which is very similar to the vitamix. I love it! It does a great job of green smoothies - very smooth. It's also strong enough to be used as a food processor. It wasn't cheap but I use it multiple times a week, so worth it.
  • natalialikescookies
    natalialikescookies Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Another vote for vitamix! We love ours! We make everything From smoothies, juices, nut butters to soups in it! And the self cleaning feature is my favorite part! I hated every other blender because I dread taking it apart and having to clean everything individually.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Another vote for vitamix! We love ours. Kids will even drink smoothies they wouldn't from the old blender. Makes me happy they get that extra nutrient boost. :smile:
  • doctorjessie
    doctorjessie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We had the Ninja and were not happy with it. It left big chunks of ice in our smoothies. We spent the extra money and bought the Vitamix and it is a million times better. Everything is so smooth. I've not used one, but it would seem that Blendtec is comparable. They are worth the extra money because, 1. They have great warranties. 2. They last a long time compared to cheaper blenders. 3. They make everything a uniform texture. There are no chunks of ice or fruit left. We make peanut butter in ours too and I have used it to make oat and other flours.
    If you have a Costco membership that is a great way to get a deal on a new one or they sell refurbished for lower cost and a shorter warranty.
  • NicoleK31
    NicoleK31 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am very happy with my nutri ninja. It makes very smooth and creamy smoothies.
    totally agree!! Cleanup is super fast too.