Almond Milk

Options
...is surprisingly good! I just started using it this past week and I love it. I tried soy milk in the past and it just wasn't for me. The almond milk is really good in cereal, especially unsweetened cereals. When I drink it straight I can taste the almond if I really think about it. The rest of my family drinks regular cows milk, so I buy a 1/2 gallon of Blue Diamond Original and it is only 60 calories per cup, AND it keeps for much longer than regular milk. I believe what I bought last week doesn't expire until early July!

Replies

• mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I really like Almond milk too! Fantastic on cereal with frozen blueberries.:glasses:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    You can keep your almond milk. I'll be over here imbibing soymilk by the gallons all by my lonesome...
  • mistyboggs
    mistyboggs Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    there are some that is as low as 40 calories per cup. I personally like the vanilla almond milk.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Quaker Old fashioned Oats + Almond Milk (Soaked overnight) + Blueberries = Food of Divinity
  • SweetAsHoneyy
    Options
    I love soy milk!!! Ive tried Almond milk, its not bad.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just bought some this AM, havent tried it yet. I got some Kashi cereal to go with it, I have my fingers crossed...
  • karaeb621
    karaeb621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love my almond milk! the unsweetened is only 40 calories, which is wonderful! I use it in my cereal and protein shakes!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Quaker Old fashioned Oats + Almond Milk (Soaked overnight) + Blueberries = Food of Divinity
    I will have to try this food of divinity. Also, Chocolate Almond Milk is like a light chocolate shake. I'm sold.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    tried it with ceral this morning was yum
    haven't tried it straight yet
  • SweetAsHoneyy
    Options
    I will have to try this food of divinity. Also, Chocolate Almond Milk is like a light chocolate shake. I'm sold.

hmmm *runs to store* lol
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bought some for the first time a few days ago. Initially I bought it more for the reasons that a) it was on sale and b) the expiration date is like, two months from now. At first gulp I wasn't sure, but after a couple of sips, I'm happy to say I'm hooked. Always avoided cows milk because it gets me real congested for some reason, but have always been rather concerned about not getting enough calcium, so am sooo glad to have an alternative that doesn't cost a fortune.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just started drinking it too and love it!!!!! Im curious about the oatmeal...I love oatmeal prepared the normal way...do I heat it up the morning after it soaks?? i will have to try this!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I buy the Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk - recently made the switch from cow's skim milk about a month or so ago. Also love it. No sugar, 40 calories a cup.

Word to the wise - although the expiration date is a long time out when you buy the almond milk - read the fine print - it's printed on the carton to use within 7 days of opening (though I've kept it a little longer with no ill effects).
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and used to drink soy milk until I discovered almond milk. I LOVE it! I drink a glass of it 1-2 times a day. I want to try coconut milk next. I tried rice milk and it was gross.
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I :heart: almond milk, it's the best.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it before. Is it kept in the dairy section?
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    :heart: LOVE LOVE LOVE ALMOND MILK!!! :heart:
  • divamom0122
    Options
    I like Almond milk.... I LOVE HEMP SEED MILK!! My goodness, so creamy & nutty tasting and crazy good for you. I buy it when it is on sale, so it goes for the same price as the Almond milk. I do not miss cow's milk anymore!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

my son drinks the chocolate almond milk