anyine taking any supplements?

I'm taking alli. I usually take thermogenics ( ubervita or lipo6 black for her) to get me through my workouts. I'm taking a break from thosw for a while and just focusing on my eating. I do pretty good by myself diet wise, I just want a little extra to help me get to mu goals a bit faster. Planning on starting garcinia cambogia in a month.
What works for you guys?

Replies

• socalprincess1
    socalprincess1 Posts: 52 Member
    I use and EC stack called Black Widow by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals. I use it for 2 1/2 months and then cycle off for at least a month. I like it, it is a thermogenic which has the bonus of suppressing appetite. I haven't found anything that works quite as well and I always end up going back to it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    None of those are needed. Alli's side effects are rather frightening (everything from leaky orange anal discharge to liver damage). The other stuff is just tossing money out the window.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    If I wanna suppress my appetite, I just make a cup of coffee.

All those other products really don't do anything, other than maybe a placebo affect if you believe they help.

The side effects of Alli are terrible things and I wouldn't touch that stuff with a 15 foot pole.

~Lyssa
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited July 2015
    Eating in a calorie deficit. Diet aids teach you nothing about maintaining your weight once you get there :)

Edited: typo
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Off season I keep things pretty simple Multi vitamin, fish oil, protein and BCAA's. During comp prep I'll add in potassium, a fat burner, l-carnitine and a pre-workout.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    There is no magic pill.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    The only supplements I take are those I need to take because I was low. I take so many freaking pills a day that the last thing I want is another, I'm trying to balance my diet out so I can stop the multivitamin, lol. (Doesn't look like it's going to happen.)

Please visit your doctor and have your blood run to see what you may or may not need. You'd be surprised how many people are low on stuff. Maybe you. You can ask him about diet pills, too, see if they're recommended.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Nope. I lose weight with a calorie deficit and get my nutrition and energy from food.

They're a waste of money with scary side affects!
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    They make you dependent on them. Once you stop taking them the weight comes flying back. My mom tried herbal magic ( it's a weight loss gimmick here in Canada) and she gained all the weight back. Best bet is a great healthy eating plan with some moderate exercise just to keep you active.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I am deficient in iron, iodine, and D and take supplements for that. I find taking high doses of vitamin C beneficial, so I do that as well.

After taking phen/fen in the 90's, I lost interest in taking other prescription diet pills, but I do read up on them out of curiosity. The side effects of Alli are alarming. http://www.rxlist.com/alli-side-effects-drug-center.htm
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    I like berocca it's what my doctor told me to take
  • jjchantel
    jjchantel Posts: 4 Member
    I know the side effects of alli are quite alarming. But i feel as though since I've been on birth control, it's nearly impossible to keep weight off and control my cravings. I'm only 21, and last year I lost 50 lbs in less than a year just by going low carb, taking garcinia cambogia, and green smoothies (no birth control). It seems so hard now. I don't plan on taking alli for a long time, just about a month or two.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited July 2015
    I take a multivitamins, probiotics, fish oil, and digestive enzyme supplements. find that I have more energy and less gastrointestinal distress while taking them.

I never took weight loss supplements while losing weight (other than the occasional protein bar/shake when I hadn't had much protein for the day,) and I don't reccomend them to customers who come into our store looking for help in losing weight (I work at a health food/suppluments shop). 99% of them are scams. The few that do have clinical studies proving their effectiveness (like Ali,) have...unsettling side effects. Take the money that you're spending on Garcins Cambodia and Green Coffee Beam Extract and put it towards healthy, nourishing food instead. Your body will thank you for it.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 142 Member
    I take TruVision supplements. They are all natural, suppress appetite, give you energy, decrease sugar cravings, and aid in weight loss Its also helped manage my low blood sugar.
  • jjchantel
    jjchantel Posts: 4 Member
    I take TruVision supplements. They are all natural, suppress appetite, give you energy, decrease sugar cravings, and aid in weight loss Its also helped manage my low blood sugar.

Thankyou! I'll look into those

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    jjchantel wrote: »

All this great advice and You glom onto that one. LOL
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    I take a multivitamin, fish oil and Vitamin D. I take a BCAA during workouts and protein after and I sometimes take a pre-workout if I know it's going to be a tough leg day.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    jjchantel wrote: »

All this great advice and You glom onto that one. LOL

Oh MFP... how you never cease to amaze.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    The title is misleading. I was thinking multivitamin, fish oil, glucosamine, creatine, and protein powder...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Many of those supplements don't even contain what they say they contain because they are unregulated. I would never consider compromising my health by ingesting them.