Options
  • guru209
    guru209 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The intensity is not high enough for me

• jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Are you just looking for squat exercises or multiple exercises for a leg focused day?
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I think there is this russian named squatting program that requires heavy squatting a couple of times a week..
    Is that what you are looking for or just a routine for one day out of the week?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    guru209 wrote: »
    What's a good squat routine?

Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about your training schedule, lift performance, goals, etc currently, we could be a bit more helpful.

Or else it's a bunch of random people shouting random advice which you'll ignore because it's "not suitable for me for reason X".
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    guru209 wrote: »
    What's a good squat routine?

Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about your training schedule, lift performance, goals, etc currently, we could be a bit more helpful.

Or else it's a bunch of random people shouting random advice which you'll ignore because it's "not suitable for me for reason X".

My recomended squatting routine is to move to the Middle East where toilets as we know them don't exist and eat a high fiber diet. Guaranteed you'll get three or four very intense squats in per day.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    squat variations with a barbell or even heavy dumbbells is what I would recommend. split squats,reg squats,single leg squats,pistol squats,squat pulses,sumo squats,plie squats,curtsy squats/lunges,etc just to name a few. its more intense with weight and this is how I do all my squats.adding any type of plyometrics into the squats as well will be intense.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    I think there is this russian named squatting program that requires heavy squatting a couple of times a week..
    Is that what you are looking for or just a routine for one day out of the week?

I wouldn't recommend either Smolov or Surovetsky lightly. Although Smolov is the easier program.