work out program

Options
Hello everyone! I swear this is probably the best app ever. You never really realize how u eat until u can scan it lol. Any who, I am about to purchase Focus t25. I was wondering has anybody tried it before and was successful?

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have not so I can't give any opinions on it. But if you are open to other ideas, I do fitness blender work outs (free on youtube) and I am in love with them. They have low-impact, beginner work outs all the way up to advanced work outs and there are tons of options so you never get bored!
  • yashika218
    yashika218 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm very open to it..anything helps!!! What's your subscriber name?
  • SparklySarah412
    SparklySarah412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm doing focus T25 at the moment and I'm nearly finished week 5. I borrowed it from a friend so didn't have to pay for it, thankfully.

I'm seeing some results, my arms and shoulders are looking nice and toned and my stomach is definitely getting tighter. I've also noticed my overall fitness level is better when I do other activities.

I do like that it's not just the same workout day in day out like you get with some other DVDs. With T25 there's about 6 different workouts that you alternate between.

To be honest though, I'm not sure that it would be worth paying the money for. I'm sure there are other workout DVDs or fitness classes that are much cheaper and give you the same results. Also, I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do once I get to the end of the 10 week program.....I'm guessing you're probably supposed to fork out more money for an advanced level DVD? :s
  • yashika218
    Options
    @sparklysara I ordered mines off eBay for $48.52 brand new but I wonder are u suppose to move on to insanity after t25
  • JasHoss
    JasHoss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am using FitnessBlender too, in addition to the huge variety they give for free, there are some videos that explain what to watch and how often you should do a specific workout. There is no need to pay so much, especially for dream sellers.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Personally, it's too much cardio for me (although,I do have it as a cardio supplement). Since it's almost all HIIT based, you are using the same set of muscles almost daily, which over time can lead to injury as your body won't have enough rest time. I think for overall fitness, if you like beachbody programs, chalean extreme is a better beginner workout. It mixes HIIT and lifting (you can use resistance bands). The P90X series is pretty good. If you are brand new to fitness, then P90, would be very good. Overall, the majority of people will see greater visual results with weight training based programs. My personal favorite bb program is Body Beast.

Fitnessblender is free, so that is always a nice benefit. Nike has a free app which is ok.
  • yashika218
    Options
    Thank you @JasHoss and @psulemon I'm going to look into fitnessblender
  • meeshell314
    meeshell314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've done T25 for a while now and it gets pretty fun the better you get at it, but to be honest I don't do it everyday now, and when I do I pick my favorite one, like speed 3.0 is one of my favorites. I did the preview Cize video by Shaun T and it was really fun!