New and looking for UK friends

Options
Hya guys,

I was on myfitness pal last year and now I am back again to lose 2 stone.
Have just lost a pound today after been on the new plan for 2 weeks so a bit of a slow start but I am glad things are moving now : )
I try to average 1500 cals a day, so somedays I eat 1200 and others 1600 for example. I do drink wine and I also exercise at home, the gym, and occasional hiking.
I will be trying to keep a regular food diary.... so be great to see other peoples, share ideas and give each other support!

Leo x

Replies

• AlecB62
    AlecB62 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi Leo,

A fellow wine drinker, that's refreshing to hear, most of my friends on here never seem to touch a drop according to their diaries

Al
  • Leo_2015
    Leo_2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ha... well I try not to have too much and I include it into my cals if I do ; )
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hi Leo,

I'm from Scotland, feel free to add me, more UK friends is always good. Well done on losing that pound, a loss is a loss even if it took a little longer than you wanted ;)

I log every day although I really need to sort out my diary, I'm trying to gain so I've been using MFP to make sure I eat enough. My diary is far from complete. I really need to get on the case and log more accurately. Speaking of that, I think I'll look into that now lol.

I've taken up regular exercise as well. Swimming, tennis, gym and a fitness class are the main ones. I figured if I was going to get in shape, best doing the best job of it I can. Like everyone else, I have my days where my motivation ran out the door without me. It's always good to have others to support and help you along.

Good luck on your healthy adventure :smile:

Doogie
  • katyJcastle
    katyJcastle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ive been on here a few times but I've always given up but I'm here to stay, would appreciate the help.
  • Leo_2015
    Options
    Hey always here to help : )
  • Leo_2015
    Options
    Thanks! : )
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add - I'm near Manchester, a bit older than you but we're similar height, start weight and goal weight. I've been here for a year and a bit but I'm taking it slowly and couldn't imagine life without wine and good beer!
  • alybrice
    alybrice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there Aly here

Must admit drinking wine is my downfall so I never get to my targets but I still am losing a small amount of weight so that is positive.

Please include me as I don't know anyone on this site so motivation is always key to these things.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I'm from Belfast and I eat drink and be merry on a fairly regular basis.
    I'll encourage you when you're good, but maybe more so when you're bad!
    If anyone wants some Irish company, drop me a line.
  • DaveAFC79
    DaveAFC79 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Gagging for a drink lol not had one for about 3 months, but been doing indoor rowing/eating healthier and managed to lose 44 lbs in that time. Might have to have a beer or cider at the weekend when watching the football though. In Essex and would be great to have some more UK friends to help each other out so feel free to add
  • alasiL
    alasiL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey, from Newcastle feel free to add. I'm aiming to track my cals on a daily basis but I do miss random days which :)
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Dave - Oh to, oh to be, oh to be a
  • DaveAFC79
    Options
    ... Gooner! Fellow Gooner Dougie?
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Absolutely my friend.
    Dad lived in North London for years for work, so when I went over to visit we'd get along to Highbury as much as possible.
    Of course, this was pre Wenger and you could actually get tickets then.
  • DaveAFC79
    Options
    The good old days huh, I do miss that place. Lets hope we get a good result at the weekend
  • ChrisRayne
    ChrisRayne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just started using this again after a while too, would be cool to talk to some UK people, from just outside Liverpool!
  • Big_Steezy
    Big_Steezy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey Leo, I'm from Manchester myself..

Recently just come back myself, after falling off and putting on 7kgs! I probably want to loose around the same amount as you now too!

Feel free to add me
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    hi,i'm avril, an old lady from Scotland, was here about 4 years ago and lost about 3 stones, but went back to my old ways and put on about 2 stones. my weight loss that's showing now is from the original weight when I first joined, but this time around i'm at about 13lbs in 52 days
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    oh, and new friends are always welcome... last few I asked have not accepted... :-(