here's to a new me ! :)

Options
Hello!!
sooo I'm a little big for my liking, especially going into University this September. I want to feel confident as I start this new life, but I am no where near "confident" yet. My thighs touch, I have a muffin top with EVERYTHING, and I just feel miserable about my body. I lost a bunch of weight two years ago, but gained almost all of it back pretty quickly.
I'm hoping I can do this! I want to dedicate my summer to achieving the person I want to be for the rest of my life! I want to be confident and happy with myself. It's not about the number on the scale, I just set a rough goal.
Anywaaay, that's me :)

Replies

• sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    You've come to the right place! MFP is a great tool to your weight loss success! Feel free to add me if you need encouragement or support! God bless
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks for introducing yourself. Feel free to friend me if you would like some support and provide support back.
    Good Luck!
    6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Amen. Good luck :)

side note - you said you're going to University, instead of College. Are you by chance Canadian?! lol sorry, I like Canada..
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And like sla0814 said, you definitely came to the right place! Everyone here is so awesome and helpful, it's amazing!

As far as even more inspiration goes, have you heard of the show I Used to be Fat that was on MTV this past winter? It chronicled a group of graduating high school seniors losing weight and basically changing their lives before they started college in the fall.
    I'm done with college and in grad school now, but seeing them working really hard and being successful definitely helped to kickstart my motivation!

Good luck, and feel free to add me if you like!
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your new healthy lifestyle, you can do it x
  • whateverhappens
    Options
    haha yeah actually, I'm a Canadian :P thanks everyone for all your support!! I did not expect so many awesome people to reply so quickly! I have a feeling I'll actually be able to do this!
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you're definitely in the right place. This is an environment that allows you to set goals, push yourself, have others keep you accountable, and celebrate victories together. Congrats on taking this step and best of luck to you!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Here's to a summer of renovations and changes for the healthiest we can be! Good luck with everything!
    Im going into my sophomore year of college so I can relate to going to college/university even off they're a little different!
  • heywarke
    heywarke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is heywarke and I'm just starting out today. I am hopeful that this will help me control what I eat and make good decisions when it comes to food. I'm so excited and seeing the progress that you all have made so far assures me that I've come to the right place as I start this new journey to a healthier me. :flowerforyou:
  • ninabean8
    ninabean8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am already loving this site... i wasnt really big on facebook... i am more into keeping busy and being healthy and this site helps with both!