Going to try the slow and steady approach this time

Options
Hello Everyone,
Back on the roller coaster again. I usually try the low carb, lose 2 lb a week approach. This time I am going to give slow and steady a try. No drastic calorie or carb cut. I just need to stay within the calorie amount set. I also set my exercise bar low as well. No 5 days a week for an hour. I will be happy with 3 times for a half hour. Real expectations will hopefully give me real results. That is what I am hoping. Thanks for reading my rant.

Replies

• supahdupahfitness
    supahdupahfitness Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Step by step is a great approach! Feel free to add!
  • optionsgod
    optionsgod Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    definitely a good plan
  • PattiWalling
    PattiWalling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady really does win the race! It's time and time is going to pass by whether we are making small little manageable changes to our eating or not. Want drastic results and you can make it happen but usually (at least for me) that is followed by moving back up the scale drastically putting on all I lost PLUS another 20-50 lb. Little changes in what I was already eating worked to get me on a good path. If you've lost weight several times before you probably already know little changes you can make and they will all eventually add up to big change in your body, especially if you add in some weight lifting and a little cardio. Best of luck to you.

One piece of advice I would give is meal prep/Figure out what you are going to eat BEFORE you get hungry so you won't reach for something that isn't in line with your goals. I usually fill out my entire day's menu in the morning and print it out and prep up my food so when it's time to eat all I have to do is heat and eat. That approach works well and cuts down on grabbing something to eat just because.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Do whatever works for you! We are all gonna get there eventually, it doesn't matter a couples week before or after.

Remember patience and DISCIPLINE

Oh and btw I eat daily average 125-150g carbs; you do no need low carb for weightloss

Good luck!
  • Tintin13
    Tintin13 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan. Slow and steady sounds good
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan for long term success.
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You have the right idea. Plan for the long haul. Slow and steady!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got thyself a great plan!
  • Mtfd02
    Mtfd02 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race, feel free to add