21 day fix?

Options
Has anyone tried the 21 day fix? If so did you get results? What are the pro's and con's?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Con is - it's expensive tupperware and nothing you can't do yourself just by weighing and measuring your food.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Con is - it's expensive tupperware and nothing you can't do yourself just by weighing and measuring your food.

/thread
  • TylerWhite2015
    TylerWhite2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks. What are some pro's?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

You'll effectively support whichever friend is selling it to you on their quest to Multi-Level Marketing nirvana.

Seriously, don't waste your money! You can learn the same portion control here on MFP, for free! Look into the threads at the beginning of the forums and calculate your appropriate intake levels. You'll have more sustainable success learning how to do this on your own than paying for a program that will only last three weeks and leave your with expensive Tupperware.
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

You'll effectively support whichever friend is selling it to you on their quest to Multi-Level Marketing nirvana.

Seriously, don't waste your money! You can learn the same portion control here on MFP, for free! Look into the threads at the beginning of the forums and calculate your appropriate intake levels. You'll have more sustainable success learning how to do this on your own than paying for a program that will only last three weeks and leave your with expensive Tupperware.

And honestly, if you want to follow the program, there are guides all over the internet - especially Pinterest. Seriously, save your cash.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pro:
    • It teaches portion control if you don't want to weigh and measure your food (and can stick to eating only what you can cram in the magic Tupperware.
    • It's cool if you're the company owner and are selling $4.00 worth of plastic for $73.00
    • ?????

Con:
    • Are you really going to eat from magic Tupperware for the rest of your life?
    • Doesn't answer the "Now what?" question when you've completed active weight loss and enter maintenance.
    • $73.00 for magic Tupperware?
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Pro:
    • It teaches portion control if you don't want to weigh and measure your food (and can stick to eating only what you can cram in the magic Tupperware.
    • It's cool if you're the company owner and are selling $4.00 worth of plastic for $73.00
    • ?????

Con:
    • Doesn't answer the "Now what?" question when you've completed active weight loss and enter maintenance.

Oh, and as soon as you get done with the program, they'll try to convince you to be a Beach Body coach. Con in my book!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Oh, and as soon as you get done with the program, they'll try to convince you to be a Beach Body coach scam perpetuator mlm victim associate. Con in my book!

You had a typo. I fixed that for you!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It's perfect for people like my Mother who doesn't believe CICO works.

However if you're here I suspect you know better. I'd second the looking it up on Pinterest. A lot if the info is on there.

There's also lots of other exercise regimes you can do for far cheaper. You can also get the actual colour coded tupperwear on its own on Amazon quite cheaply.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I'm picturing Paul Rudd saying their slogan..."I'm gonna fix ya!"
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Pro:
    • ?????

Con:

I like this.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Pro:
    • ?????

Con:

I like this.

So do I.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix containers are basically a rip-off of the old Weight Watchers exchanges program. Richard Simmons came out with his own "Deal a Meal" version a decade or two later.

If you are really interested....instructions are all over the web. This is one reason Weight Watchers went to a convoluted points system....much harder to copy.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I like all of you people....you're all my people.

OP - 21 Day Fix is a waste of money. Buy a food scale, some Tupperware, and log log log. If you're looking for workouts, there are plenty of free programs online.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of it that it's trying to teach portion control.

I don't like that it is very expensive and from one of the MLM companies. You can achieve the same effect by purchasing a food scale on Amazon and some Tupperware from the dollar store and save yourself a lot of money in the long run.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There are no pros. It's a pyramid scheme. The sooner your friend gets out of it, the more money they will save.

I'm all for trendy diets, but those people are just too much.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just looked this up as I had never heard of it before...

LOL expensive tupperware! Waste of money.
  • KnittingSoo
    KnittingSoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The workouts are great! There are 7 of them - they are challenging and lots of variety. That's what I was interested in and they were worth the purchase price to me. I bought mine from Amazon so no 'coach' or multi-level marketing stuff to deal with.

Other than a check on my portion sizes the day the pack arrived I haven't used the containers at all as I find weighing easier and gives me more flexibility.

(oh - and I don't buy or use the shakes)

• RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Those shakeology shakes are INSANELY overpriced and seem to be a big part of this program. I it can be overly complicated to get used to, I think it is better to measure and log. I am no expert of course this is just an opinion.
  • Jenni_MFP
    Jenni_MFP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bought it a few months back and liked it because it helped me focus on eating proper amounts of veggies, proteins, etc and not just focus on the calories. I mean, if I was tracking just calories I could eat chicken and cake all day and technically be fine, but it's not quality food. I followed the program without shakeology, because I wanted to eat FOOD not drink protein shakes.

But that's what it took to get me to eat properly. If you already have a good handle on a balanced and healthy diet, then you don't need this. I did think the workouts were great though! Short but very effective.