Failed hcg and need help

Options
Hello friends........ Yes I have completed hcg diet injections and failed miserably. All I did was binge eat every couple of days. Yes, I know it wasn't the right choice but I have tried everything. I have come to realize that I need help.

Anorexic for many years, then became severely overweight, then extreme exerciser, now binge eating without purging. I realize for me to take on this journey, I have to first lose some of this quickly, so I can concentrate on how to change my life.

My question: anyone fail hcg and be able to become successful on atkins style diet?

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting.

Seek therapy.

The only way you are going to succeed is if you improve your relationship with food. That will take a lot of time, a lot of effort and will give you the results you need.

No diet will give you the success you seek. Therapy will.

Eat whatever foods you like as long as you maintain an appropriate calorie deficit. Be patient and realistic regarding your expectations.

Good luck.
  • Werfam
    Werfam Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks I do know that but hard to find someone good .
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't need a diet. Set a realistic calorie goal and stick to it. As you found out there is no magic weight loss solution. You're setting yourself up for failure by trying one fad after another.

If you input all your data into MFP it will give you a goal, track your food daily, check into the forums for support and you'll be on your way to a healthy life.
  • Krista916
    Options
    If you can't find a good therapist, maybe seek out a dietition or nutritionist to help you learn how to eat normally.
  • Timimbo
    Timimbo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The HCG diet is a set up for failure. No human can live off of 500 calories and maintain a healthy lifestyle. As stated above, you don't need a "diet" you need to learn the basics of nutrition. You can successfully lose weight and eat foods that you enjoy. Its becoming in tune with your body, knowing what works and what does not.

I found the best practice was to truthfully track all my calories and macronutrients. Learn your body structure and figure you how many calories you need to eat a day to lose weight. Be active and learn to live with balance. Once you achieve this, you will see the changes you are looking for.
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mokey41.

You haven't filled out your profile. If you are serious about this, fill everything out, open your diary, and find a few loyal friends who will help keep you accountable. I am finally thinking this is it. I am losing and keeping the weight off for longer than ever before and not being miserable. There are days I exceed my calories but usually not by much and it doesn't mean I have failed. The computer keeping track is nice because there is not judgement if you are over or under. It just states what is. I am getting close to losing 30 pounds and have about another hundred to go but I am happy, feel healthier, hurt less, and have more energy eating as I have been eating.

Let MFP set some realistic goals and follow them for awhile or work with calories and ignore the others until you have calories under control and then pick another macro to work on. Atkins is too strict for me but there are groups on MFP that focus on low carb. Find them if you want to do this program.

Good luck.

Charlotte
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello friends........ Yes I have completed hcg diet injections and failed miserably. All I did was binge eat every couple of days. Yes, I know it wasn't the right choice but I have tried everything. I have come to realize that I need help.

Anorexic for many years, then became severely overweight, then extreme exerciser, now binge eating without purging. I realize for me to take on this journey, I have to first lose some of this quickly, so I can concentrate on how to change my life.

My question: anyone fail hcg and be able to become successful on atkins style diet?

cereal_zpsbc9f8f56.gif
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. EVERYONE fails at hCG eventually. Even if they do complete the "program" to the letter, they will eventually gain it back.

Same almost always goes for Atkins. Or any other diet.

You've made a big step coming here because this is all about a lifestyle change and only doing what you can live with for life. You CAN have carbs. You CAN have dessert. You CAN have a reasonable number of calories so that you aren't so hungry all the time that eventually you snap and binge. You just need to budget your calories. It still takes practice and willpower but it is sustainable and it will get you to your goals.

Feel free to add me. Hope to see you around. Many people here, myself included, have been where you are and can help you out.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I realize for me to take on this journey, I have to first lose some of this quickly, so I can concentrate on how to change my life.

And this is why you fail..

Eat correctly so you stop binging, and then focus on your deficit to lose weight.. you are probably undereating by a ton and that is why you are binging..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    You need to eat XXXX number of calories a day. Not several hundred under that nor several hundred over that.

You are on the best calorie counting website in the world, with the most knowledgeable people and best food database and calculating tools. All you need is some time and reinforcing to yourself that you can do this.

Start by setting up your Goals here accurately and reasonably, then log everything you eat this week. Study your log, read the forums, succeed.

Everyone has to learn - take it one day at a time.

Get a little exercise, it will improve your mood 100%. A 20 minute walk is all it takes.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I realize for me to take on this journey, I have to first lose some of this quickly, so I can concentrate on how to change my life.

And this is why you fail..

Eat correctly so you stop binging, and then focus on your deficit to lose weight.. you are probably undereating by a ton and that is why you are binging..

This. You don't need to lose weight quickly to take on this journey. Baby steps! You have to make small changes, every day towards your goal. Don't just try and be super perfect woman on Monday.. because by Friday, that will die! Live a normal life and start today by going on a walk and don't eat candy. Then next week, go on 3 walks and don't eat fast food.... by week 3, give up soda, or cut back if you have to, and turn one walk into a jog! It's not a QUICK process. It's a lifestyle and it takes work...

If it were easy, everyone would be doing it! Chin up.
  • PaLanteChica
    Options
    I agree with the therapy route or dietician/nutritionist support idea. Also there are Overeater's Anonymous groups available out there and they are great support systems if you are wanting more of a "real" world approach. I know for me MFP has been a great tool, but having someone to buddy up with in your own hometown brings a different level of support. I know many, many others on this site can agree with me when I say that it is a constant uphill battle and there is no easy way out. Whatever you do don't give up! If you need a friend here feel free to add me :) Good luck!
  • pinktac0
    Options
    there is no such thing as sustainable fast weight loss.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Found this on the WEB from Mayo Clinic.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hcg-diet/an02091

You might want to try finding an FA meeting. It might help you. FA is not just for people who eat too much but for folks with eating addiction.
  • Werfam
    Options
    Thanks
  • Werfam
    Options
    Thank you.... You r right. I was afraid my name would come up on google
  • mfmetsker
    mfmetsker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I recently completed a second round of the HCG diet. I lost 15 lbs but gained it back quickly after Phase 3 was over.