Plateau

Options
Hello. I am desperately trying to lose weight. I have gained 20 pounds since I had my daughter 10 months ago. I have tried counting calories, the Dukan Diet and have been on phentermine now for a week. With everything I have tried so far, I seem to lose an initial 6 pounds right off, then I plateau and gradually gain it all back. I am getting extremely discouraged! Are there any tips I can get to get over this plateau to continue losing? I am on a 50 pound weightless goal. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Firstly, everyone is different, so all I've got to say comes from my personal experience. When I first started using mfp, I lost around 7 lbs very swiftly and then...nothing :( I became disheartened & frustrated. But I just kept going; I had good and bad days but I didn't give up. It has taken me almost 6 months to lose 23 lbs. But I keep losing, slowly and gradually.. Sometimes I don't lose anything for a couple of weeks and then 3 lbs are gone all of a sudden. Just keep going! For me this seems to be the only way; don't give up, the pounds will drop eventually! Good luck!!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Start here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

One of the most helpful threads out there.

What time frame is this over? Healthy weight loss takes time - you may lose 1lb/week with a 500kcal/day deficit, but the initial loss is more than likely water weight. Don't get discouraged and focus on any and all positive gains other than the number on the scale.