How many calories should I really be eating?

Options
Hi all,

I've always been fairly healthy, over the past winter I slacked off a bit. This summer I really want to get into amazing Victorias Secret model shape. I want to only do it the healthy way without any processed foods, however Im allergic to gluten and dairy. I've been keeping track of everything and over the past month, I've lost maybe two pounds. I know I've gotten more toned, but my measurements are about the same yet I went down a jeans size to a 26?? I can really see a difference in my arms, legs, and stomach, I know I cant spot reduce, but its like my behind hasnt changed at all! Lol. Should I stick it out with what Im doing and just wait for my body to get around to it, or do I change something? I work out sometimes 2-3 hours a day just because I love it, hiking, yoga, classes, biking, elliptical, resistance bands, light weights... My goal is to be very lean toned, not athletic. I dont like being hungry, and Im pretty good at staying within my calorie range. I dont have that much to lose so I think that might be why its so hard to get it to change. I definately dont want my metabolism to slow down. What should I do? Any reccomendations are appreciated! :)

Replies

• catwinc
    catwinc Posts: 5
    Options
    If you are working out 2-3 hours a day make sure you are eating at least 1800-2000 calories. There are a lot of calorie counters online that can help determine what your requirements are.

Have you considered hiring a personal trainer for awhile? Don't over do it and become an exercise bulemic.
  • sakari82
    sakari82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're doing seems to be working! You look great!
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi! Have you ever listened to Jillian Michaels' podcasts? Listen to the podcast called "debunking the plateau." She addresses your situation. Good luck!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jillian-michaels-show/id418368811
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Keep eating lots of healthy food to fuel your body for those workouts, keep up the exercise, specially strength training I think.
    Unfortunately there isn't a formula to lose weight exclusively off your behind or thighs or belly - but if you keep up the good work, you will really see a difference.
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support and great tips! Sometimes I get really hungry so of course I eat, I'm afraid of going into starvation mode. I listen to my body and sometimes have total not net calories 1100 sometimes 2200. But if I workout for 3 hours is that a bad thing? I feel like my body needs that many calories sometimes. I'm 5'9" btw. I know people say an hour is plenty but I honestly enjoy it and feel great when I work out all day. And if I dont eat every 3 hours or so I start getting cranky lol. I have a 30 minuet count down to get me food now mode. Anyone else get like that?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I dont see or hear any problems with you!
    what are you trying to lose ? 14 lbs from where?
    If you want to be toned you need to be athletic no VS models are toned and you look like one already.
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    If you are working out 2-3 hours a day make sure you are eating at least 1800-2000 calories. There are a lot of calorie counters online that can help determine what your requirements are.

Have you considered hiring a personal trainer for awhile? Don't over do it and become an exercise bulemic.

Thank you, I've looked at calculators and they say 1200-1600 extreme loss 1400-1800 for regular weight loss 1900-2200 for maintenance. I should look into a personal trainer, I get a free session with my new gym membership. I'm nervous about them training me with too much weight and making me muscular. I've been told I won't get muscular since im a girl but I've been trained like that before and it took me years to get rid of the muscle I put on :(
  • ilikeflowers
    Options
    I dont see or hear any problems with you!
    what are you trying to lose ? 14 lbs from where?
    If you want to be toned you need to be athletic no VS models are toned and you look like one already.

Pardon my French but holy crap girl you look amazing! Great work! I guess toned means different things to different people, I don't want fat I don't want skinny fat but I don't want to look ripped except maybe my shoulders and abs but only a little. Like Candace Swaponel before she got crazy skinny now she looks very unhealthy to me. I want my bum to be 35 so I have 1.5 inches to lose I guessed that would be 14 pounds but if I'm getting leaner it might be not be as much. I'm after measurements not weight.