Fitbit/ activity trackers?

Options
Hello i do exercise videos such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f9XpgN9f6k

I'm just wondering is there any kind of tracker i can wear to help me determine calories burned with these sort of workouts where it's a blend of different exercises.

Replies

• zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a TomTom multi sport that I use (when I remember) that tracks my heart rate when I do these types of videos or DVDs- not sure how accurate it is though.
  • meeshell314
    meeshell314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge HR that I wear constantly (except in the shower). It has been super helpful and I'd definitely recommend it
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge HR that I wear constantly (except in the shower). It has been super helpful and I'd definitely recommend it

I just got one a couple days ago and I love mine.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a regular Fitbit Charge (not HR), and I like it a lot.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I feel it has really helped me be successful in my weight loss so far. I do not work during the summers and did not realize what a slug I was, even though I spent time on the treadmill every day, I was just not "that" active. My Fitbit motivates me to be active and get my goal steps in.
  • meeshell314
    meeshell314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I have the Charge HR and I feel it has really helped me be successful in my weight loss so far. I do not work during the summers and did not realize what a slug I was, even though I spent time on the treadmill every day, I was just not "that" active. My Fitbit motivates me to be active and get my goal steps in.

I'm the same way! Having those challenges with people helps a lot too because I hate losing, lol. I like to try and get my 10k steps in before noon now so that if I want to relax later I won't feel so badz
  • lindsey0724
    lindsey0724 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar ft4 which I love. It tracks any sort of exercise you're doing based on your heart rate. But any sort of monitor like that would probably be what you're looking for.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch and use the Workout app to track calories burned. Generally when an exercise machine or calorie burn calculator tell me I burned, let's say, 500 calories, the Apple Watch is usually in the 300-350 range depending on what I was doing. It takes a continuous heartrate reading during workouts, and calculates off of that. I feel like that is probably pretty trustworthy. Nothing is 100% accurate, but it's way better than some machine guessing at it for you.

For what it's worth, the newer more modern elliptical machines that have the heart rate sensors built into the hand grips seem to be a LITTLE closer to the mark, but my Apple Watch still reads my calorie burn as lower than those.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is going to be using a heart rate chest strap along with a fitness band. The wrist based heart rate monitors are good for general heart rate readings 23 hours a day but accuracy degrades considerably the hour you're working out and elevating your heart rate.

I have a Garmin Vivosmart and link the heart rate strap when I run and sometimes during weight training. The chest straps are about as accurate as you're going to get in a consumer product.