What scale do you use to track your weight? Suggestions pls

Options
Hello, I am a newbie and presently have a digital scale that flip flops by the second. I step on and get one weight, then step on immediate right after and it's off. So I was seeking suggestions on a consistent scale to monitor my journey. I'm not someone that weighs daily. I weigh once a week, hoping on more than that would personally drive me bonkers. I appreciate your input here. Oh, and congrats to all those and their success here!

Replies

• happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Aria and I love it.
  • chocolatemartini77
    chocolatemartini77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I will check out.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i have an old fashioned dr's scale i got years ago from my mom.... it is not digital at all
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I use a Withings WiFi scale. It sends my weight to MFP which is great. I have had it two years and it has been very reliable. I have only changed the batteries three times and I use it daily.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a scale I bought from Walmart for $8 about 6 years ago and it's very accurate. It's not digital; I don't really trust digital. I like that I can recalibrate mine
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Omron BF508 Body Composition Fat Muscle Monitor - has been just great and very consistent. Not just scales as, if desired, it can also measure overall body fat, visceral fat (not sure how accurate to be fair but it seems correct to me) and also calculates BMI. There may be other features I don't use!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    It might be inconsistent because of where its placed on the floor, scales are most accurate on a solid floor such as tiles, least accurate and inconsistent on carpet. I just have a cheapie digital scale bought from the local supermarket and they aren't that far out from the docs but it does depend where i place it so i tend to stick to the same spot on my bathroom floor every time.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have a Thinner scale and really like it. It's digital, and nice looking (glass) and I can get on it 5 times in a row and it will give me the same weight each time. I don't know if it's 100% accurate as I have weighed a 20 pound dumbell with it and it didn't come out to exactly 20 pounds, but I don't really need it to be 100% accurate, I just need it to show me that the number is getting smaller. I don't care what my actual weight is, I wouldn't care if I weighed 200 pounds if I was svelte and slender! Haha.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had a digital scale that I found very inaccurate. So I replaced it with an old style analog scale from Walmart. While not as precise as a digital scale the analog is accurate.
  • Sporks42
    Sporks42 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got myself a Bluetooth scale off Amazon for about $40, easy@home with body fat. It doesn't synch to myfitnesspal.com but it measures accurately and getting it to synch with my phone is a breeze. I was really worried because I use my Bluetooth a lot but it's amazing. It really holds me accountable because I can't just forget bad weigh ins.
  • Sweetgirl10
    Sweetgirl10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Withings WiFi scale as well. Mine is about 3 yrs old, not quite as easy to get on my WiFi as the newer models, but it works & is doing the job 3 yrs almost.

It synchs to withings app on my phone, & to mfp, & also holds weights for multiple people.

I think it was close to $100 but has been a great investment.
  • Pops808
    Pops808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using a Tanita scale that I've had for a couple of years. It gives Full Body Composition (weight, body fat%, body water%, muscle mass, physique rating, and more...). They even have a WIFI model that syncs to MFP and/or FitBit. You set it up with your profile (age, gender, activity level, height) & it tracks/measures body composition accordingly. Go to their website & you can checkout the different models (tanita.com)
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was using Withings and it worked great until I had to change the batteries. It never woke up after- never took a reading again. Lots of other people online report the same problem, not sure what the issue is. Before that I loved it but it's a paperweight now.
  • chocolatemartini77
    Options
    Thank you guys for sharing. I was asking because my scale is weight watchers brand and the model I have might as well be a paperweight too. I can weigh on it and not move it, step on and off for accuracy and with in seconds I can gain or loose up to 4 pds which is discougiing when you are trying to get a basis when first starting off. I appreciate everyone's input I'm leaning toward a tainta I think that's in my budget range.

It's day 3 of tracking & regardless of my true weight I must say I'm feeling great. :) My body is feeling better already & not even a week yet.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I use a Taylor Stainless Steel Scale. I eventually want to invest in an Fitbit Aria, but can't bring myself to part with the $129.95 yet...
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have an Aria that I love.
    I was able to check it accuracy when I went in and used a professional grade scale. It was only off .5 lbs and .75 fat%.
    Well within my tolerance level.

I also used the advanced section on the new NIH calculator and that had my fat% at .5 below what the Aria tells me. So over all I'm pleased.
    Trick is you have to use it at the same time every day, naked, with clean feet to get consistant accuracy.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've switched to a digital Dr's style scale and it doesn't matter how many times I hop on off when weighing myself (you know to double, triple, quadruple .....check) the exact same digits appear. It is a little annoying because deep down you want it to drop even though there's only a couple of seconds in between. Anywho, my scale doesn't lie!
  • chocolatemartini77
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    I've switched to a digital Dr's style scale and it doesn't matter how many times I hop on off when weighing myself (you know to double, triple, quadruple .....check) the exact same digits appear. It is a little annoying because deep down you want it to drop even though there's only a couple of seconds in between. Anywho, my scale doesn't lie!

• ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit aria that syncs with my fitbit and mfp account. I find it to be pretty accurate. I've only had an issue twice and I felt like I was probably the problem and as it turns out I was. It matched my doctors scale the last time I went which was about a week and half ago.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There have been a ton of threads on this subject. I have a body scale by BalanceFrom that I got from Amazon and I like it a lot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!