embarrassing question about #2

Options
Well, I dont know how "embarrassing" it is since we all do it but a little awkward nonetheless. For the past month or so I've only been going twice a week and whats going out is maybe 1/4 of whats going in so I'm a bit concerned. I've tried:
-increasing fiber (25 -40/ day)
-increasing water (7 - 9 cups/ day)
-eliminating dairy (noticed I go less when I eat cheese/yogurt/ect)

Is there anything rise I can do? I'm not in pain, just concerned

Replies

• aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Did your doctor have any advice?
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I dont go see him until next wednesday. For the time being though, I was hoping someone might have some advicefor me you try =)
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    If you're eating cleaner, there's less waste isn't there. Happens to me to. You try having a massive carb meal and watch yourself go lol
  • Tigerfish62
    Options
    One should have at least one BM per day. Some people go after every meal. If you go to a health food store, there are herbal suppliments for colon cleansing, I can't give you any names, ask the clerk or just look around and read lables.
    A more traditional "help" is good old prune juice before bed. Warming it helps it work faster but cold will work as well. And last but not least is milk of magnesia, a cap full followed by a full glass of water. You will go by morning unless you have some other kind of problem. If you are really having constipation, warm the prune juice first, then add the cap full of MOM and down the hatch. We call that a brown bomber (I'm a nurse). : ) Good luck!
  • jeansnpearls84
    Options
    First of all, everyone's bathroom habits are different. It's "normal" to go anywhere from 3x per day to every 3 days. It sounds like this has been a recent development (going on for about a month or so)....did you change any medications or anything else that may have contributed to constipation? Lots of medications (including over the counter supplements) can cause a huge change in your bowel habits. I would try Colace---a very cheap over the counter stool softener---if your bowel movements are hard and difficult to pass. You could also try another over the counter medication called Dulcolax or Bisacodyl (this med is meant to actually stimulate bowel movements). MiraLax is also a good one to try (this is a power that you mix with water and drink), but is recommended for occasional constipation.

The best way to regulate your bowels is eating a high fiber diet, drinking lots of water, and getting plenty of physical activity. It sounds like you are already doing those things.

Give it a little bit of time, and if things don't get better or you notice more symptoms, go see your primary care doctor.

Good luck!!!
  • evenidomhnaill
    Options
    You could try Psyllium Husk could work or an aloe vera juice colon cleanse from health food shop
  • OutDaWay
    OutDaWay Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We call that a brown bomber (I'm a nurse). : ) Good luck!

That's just good clean fun right there! ... Funny stuff.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had that same problem for ten years. I stopped eating meat & now go every day. :happy: lol