I just finished day one of 30 Day Shred!

Options
2»

Replies

• MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD last night and tried it this morning. I don't quite understand how it works. I started with the first level, and was not able to do even half of it. I could not do any push ups at all, and before 10 minutes was up my legs were like jelly.. so when you say you got through the DVD are you referring to level one?? or all the levels one after another. I figure it's going to take me a month to learn how to just get through level one, and I may never be able to do the push ups... another question is are we to do this everyday? or three days a week.. one day in between to rest the mussels?
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just ordered this off of Amazon tonight and will get in on Thursday... So excited! :)
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    I bought the DVD last night and tried it this morning. I don't quite understand how it works. I started with the first level, and was not able to do even half of it. I could not do any push ups at all, and before 10 minutes was up my legs were like jelly.. so when you say you got through the DVD are you referring to level one?? or all the levels one after another. I figure it's going to take me a month to learn how to just get through level one, and I may never be able to do the push ups... another question is are we to do this everyday? or three days a week.. one day in between to rest the mussels?

This is a daily workout for 30 days! I cant wait to get to day 30 and I am only on day 1! Are you doing your pushups on your feet or knees? I have to do them on my knees still! I cant even imagine when I will be ready to do them on my feet!
  • beth736
    beth736 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    im just curious how u put this in your exercise diary
  • caretmier
    caretmier Posts: 66
    Options
    I put it in as circuit training! And to me that is what it is, 1 exercise after another keeping cardio as a 1 in 3 ratio! Heart rate never drops, it is circuit training.
  • MrzHerrera
    Options
    out of the loop herer can someone please inform me how this wrks :flowerforyou:
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome!
    I literally JUST finished my first day too! I havent worked out in forever and I feel great!
    Does anyone know how to log track 30ds for exercise??
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Most people log a 30DS workout under cardio as circuit training for 20 minutes. I'm on day 5 of level 1, and I still can't keep up with all the cardio, but have seen improvement already. And my arms and abs are already looking better. Hate the workout, love the results! :smile:
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    out of the loop herer can someone please inform me how this wrks :flowerforyou:

It's a Jillian Michaels workout DVD...you do Level 1 for 10 days in a row, then move on to Level 2 for 10 days in a row, then move on to the final level, Level 3, for 10 days in a row. Each level does strength, then cardio, then abs.
  • Shushonet
    Shushonet Posts: 37
    Options
    Lemonbug, you really inspired me to start this workout too!
    Hopefully I'll start it tomorrow (as I've already worked out this morning)
    Thanks!!
  • lemonbug
    lemonbug Posts: 59
    Options
    Yay! This makes me happy :) im planning on buying the dvd tonight. So are dumbells the only thing ill need??

Yes, all you will need is the dumbells, but I actually used the wrist weights instead since I already had them. I just didn't strap them on, and just held them for the weights part.
  • lemonbug
    Options
    How did you track it in the exercise log? I'm also doing the 30 Day Shred, I just don't know if I'm logging it accurately! Good luck!

I log it as 20 minutes of circuit training.
  • lemonbug
    Options

You are supposed to do it everday. You do one program a day, beginning with level one. Since there are three levels, I would assume it would be safe to say to do each level for 10 days. IE: Do level one for 10 days, then move on to level 2 for the next 10 days, and so on.
  • lemonbug
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful feedback! Here is how I feel post-day one...I am S-O-R-E! There are muscle groups that are sore that I didn't know I had. I would say the video is definately effective. I am going to do it again today.

I just want to address a couple questions...

How am I logging this? I am logging this exercise as Circuit Training under Cardio. Although it is a 27 minute DVD, I log it as 20 minutes to allow time for warm up and cool down.

How did you make it all the way through? There are some points I had a hard time keeping up with. I was really struggling at about the 10 minute mark when it jumped into lots of cardio. I fell behind on a few reps, so what I did was pause the DVD occasionally, catch up on the reps, and begin again. I did not rest. I just kept pushing through it. The best thing that helped me is that I just kept thinking to myself "I know this move is hard, but it will be over soon." Even though it is challenging, you move through it quickly.

What about weights? Instead of the dumbell weights it suggested, I used the strap on wrist weights I had at home. They were the same amount of weight, and I just held them instead of strapping them on.

Did you modify? I did use some of the easier modifications, especially with the push-ups. I currently have very little upper body strength and could not do more than 3 regular push-ups. However, I did feel like the modified push-ups were challenging enough for me. Everything else I tried to do the normal way. If I got really tired, or felt like quitting, I switched to the modified, but for the most part, I stuck with the regular exercises.

I am going to continue to post on this thread topic about my 30 Day Shred journey, so if you want follow along. I took my 'before' pictures yesterday, and am really hoping to see a difference after I am done. I will be doing Day #2 today when I get off of work and will post my thoughts afterwards!

Thank you again for all the encouragement!