Wii Told me I was obese!

Options
SAR1L
SAR1L Posts: 51 Member
Sodding machine said I was more than over weight... obese!!! 256 and 6'5 gave me the fatest mii toon ever! Dumpy little man way heavier than the mirror... grr

Anyone else use this wii fit machine? wanted to kick the wanker...

oh well.. still 14 pounds less OBESE than before.. lol

Replies

• kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    yeah my mii looks like a bowling ball with legs, it says I am obese, I also dont trust the scale, it told me I lost 14 pounds in one day.
  • SAR1L
    Options
    maybe you lost 14 pounds of un-centered balance... and gained good posture.. bwahaha... I will give the thing a couple weeks to be fair to it..
  • Ljc3
    Ljc3 Posts: 46
    Options
    I have a digital scale..and its within a lb of my Wii fit platform. And yes, my mii still looks like a butterball turkey but that's ok because were gonna get those miis in shape! :)
  • heatherlfulton
    heatherlfulton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Something I have noticed with the Wii board is that the scale varies based aon the flooring it is on. I moved mine from the carpeted floor to my son's foam play mats and the difference was about 10+ lbs. You also get a difference between normal weigh in and the quick version of about 3 lbs.

That being said, my mii was very, um, stout and labeled obese until I lost 40 lbs. It is based on the official BMI which I find suspect to begin with. I figure you just need to pick a scale (Wii in same setup all the time or other) and use it each time you weigh in. If you use a "bathroom scale" or the one at the gym, then just ignore the little annoying bugger. ;)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Effin' thing grunts or sighs when I step on it too! Damn you Nintendo!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It told me I was ugly!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    this whole thread cracked me up! hahaha throw the wanker if you want, espeacially if it told you were ugly!:laugh:
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Stupid Wii was what made me get motivated to lose weight.... that little voice screaming "That's obese!" and my Mii blowing up like a balloon... Pissed me off bigtime. I haven't had any issues with the scale. I've weighed once or twice on normal digital AND analogue scales and weighed in the same as I do on the Wii Fit board, so I've found it to be pretty accurate. On a GOOD note... I'm not "obese!" anymore... Now I'm "overweight!" lol

p.s. If you put the board on an uneven surface, it WILL weigh you off...sometimes WAY off... I had it sitting on a dip in the floor one morning and about went into hysterics... but my BF looked at it and moved it to a level section and I got back on and was actually DOWN and not up... lol Just be careful where you put it down...
  • kateanne27
    Options
    yeah I have no choice but to put it on the carpet, that makes me feel better lol
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Yeah, not so encouraging when you step on it and it goes "OH!!!" like you're an elephant! Obviously the people who designed that particular feature have never been overweight or obese or they'd have done it differently! Or maybe they want us to open fire with a 12 gauge so we'll have to buy another one? :smokin:
  • SAR1L
    Options
    no problems with its measurements just... obese.. and I am definately much taller than round.. XD
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    I loved this sooo much.
    I haven't stepped on mine since like the first week I started my weight loss.
    I should jump on and see what it says.
  • kateanne27
    Options
    Yeah, not so encouraging when you step on it and it goes "OH!!!" like you're an elephant! Obviously the people who designed that particular feature have never been overweight or obese or they'd have done it differently! Or maybe they want us to open fire with a 12 gauge so we'll have to buy another one? :smokin:

I love how it goes "OH!" it seems so excited to have you on it! I also love poking my mii and watching it jump!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    That little Wii Fit dude is just RUDE! That's all there is to it. :grumble:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    It's important to note that the system that Wii Fit uses, BMI, is almost universally disregarded as a useless and even unhealthy metric of personal fitness. To get a reality check vs. that system, look at what it says your "ideal weight" is. I can virtually guarantee it's so low that you'd look like a third-world refugee if you attained it.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    I don't really put much stock on Wii Fit as a work out (except maybe the boxing) but I absolutely love active! But yeah the little balance board guy is a bit of a jerk... My sister refuses to get on the balance board cause it displays your weight for anyone in the room to see (my sister is 5'11 and fairly thin). What's funny is I'm 5'8 according to the BMI I could weigh 122 and still be considered healthty... That is bonkers! Maybe if I was built like a plank!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count out its usefulness as a fitness tool. If you check in every day with it (without letting yourself get worked up over day to day fluctuations) it keeps you motivated, helps build a routine, and gives you workout ideas. Also, they make risers to add to the balance board for stepping, which is a great way to spend time in front of the TV, instead of holding the couch down with your butt. A 5-8 inch step done at your own moderate pace for an hour is a pretty hardcore workout.