i lost my cat food.

Options
gonettie2015
gonettie2015 Posts: 52 Member
Today, I bought a 6.6 pound bag of cat food and a 15 pound bag of cat food. I carried them out to my car and realized that in total, I was carrying 21.6 pounds and I've lost 22 pounds since March. It was almost hard to believe I've lost so much since I'm not a very big person and I still have 13 more to go.
wow - what motivation to maintain the loss! I don't want to make my body carry around big bags of cat food all the time! ;)

Replies

• kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's funny how it hits you sometimes how far you've come.
    Keep up the good work!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Funny title. That's cool to think about. Congrats
  • gonettie2015
    Options
    thanks, guys... it feels good!
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Haha. Love this. I've lost the equivalent of a large cat! Makes me purr with happiness.
  • gonettie2015
    Options
    Haha. Love this. I've lost the equivalent of a large cat! Makes me purr with happiness.

kittywrangler! congratulations!
    when i had lost 11 pounds, i read that was equivalent to a medium housecat. i have 2 medium cats (11 lbs each, give or take a bit) so i've lost both of them now. i have one tiny cat too (about 8 pounds) so once I'm at my goal, I will have lost more than all 3 of them combined!

i might be turning into a crazy cat lady... measuring weight loss in cats... :blush:
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My sleepy brain read the title as 'I love my cat food' and I got very worried :sweat_smile:

Congratulations, hun! That is awesome! Keep it up (well, down)!
  • gonettie2015
    Options
    hahha... nope, i've never done that!
    thank you!
  • phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    thx for the laugh :)
  • kittywrangler
    Options

kittywrangler! congratulations!
    when i had lost 11 pounds, i read that was equivalent to a medium housecat. i have 2 medium cats (11 lbs each, give or take a bit) so i've lost both of them now. i have one tiny cat too (about 8 pounds) so once I'm at my goal, I will have lost more than all 3 of them combined!

i might be turning into a crazy cat lady... measuring weight loss in cats... :blush:

I definitely am a crazy cat lady. So much so I work in veterinary medicine so I can have an excuse ;) Yay for almost at your goal of three cat weight loss!
  • kittywrangler
    Options
    and as for big housecats, the largest I've seen was an orange guy weighing in at 29lbs. So indeed that would make 11lbs a medium cat in comparison LOL I wish I had pictures. He was majestic.
  • Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. Of course now I'm going to weigh my cats and measure my progress against their weights, this must be the first recorded Crazy Cat Lady diet!
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this. I've lost 5 stone and my youngest boy weighs 4st 13lbs. I wouldn't want to carry him around all day either!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AWESOME SUCCESS!!! Perspective can SO change how we think about/interpret things, can't it? So happy for your success!
  • Butterflies_And_Chaos_
    Options
    What a cool visual for your progress!! Nice work!! (I'm also a crazy cat lady) :lol:
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lol that title threw me a bit!!! Ha!
    What a great comparison! CONGRATS!
    You're hard work has really paid off!
    Fantastic!!!!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I lost the equivalent of a border collie and a house cat combined. Lol
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOL! Cute thread title. It does make you think though about that extra weight we used to carry around!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've lost 3 cats and a toy poodle!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!