Back on Site and Looking for Friends

Options
I use to work way too much and play too little. I thought I was being healthier by changing my diet to what was considered healthier but the realization after my health has been effected is that I need a balanced meal plan, not just meat and vegetables. Nor was I eating enough. My diabetes had progressed enough that my trying to control it by diet alone was that I was eating too little. I have since returned to a more balanced eating plan with more calories and taking an oral medication for the type 2 diabetes I was diagnosed with in 2010. I started supplements to recover nutrients that my body needs. I still have health care I need to address but my higher intensity working out is stalled due to my target heart rate already being at the target heart rate when I do cardio until a cardiologist determines that my body can withstand the stress of working out without having some type of attack. I did swim today. I do some walking and gardening. At night I have to have oxygen, but it is better than needing it 24/7 when I was first released from the hospital. The interesting thing about eating too little, my weight loss had frozen/plateaued. Right now I am trying to figure out the right level of food balance to be healthy and lose weight. I had to put going to college on hold because I was doing too much with work, school and life. One of the things I really desire to do is hike long trails and have other outdoor adventures. I have hiked all kinds of shorter trails of varying elevations and grades. I use to walk 7-10 miles a day, plus workout in a gym for another 1-2 hours and every morning at 5 I was on the treadmill going for 60 minutes and wanting to do more so I was going to add grade to it. I was injured. That stalled me for awhile then I was feeling like I was getting back into things when my health turned. So now I am starting all over. Depending where the ideal weight is for my height, I use to think I would like to be down to 135 but have learned that with my height that 135 may be too low of a weight. I have dropped 5-6 sizes over the years but what I have lost I have kept off. I think I may need to lose around 100 pounds still. I use to play softball on a team, volleyball for fun, and set the 100 yard dash record on the high school track back when I was in middle school so I use to run everywhere back then. So I don't think I want to run everywhere but I do want to be healthy and do the things I want to do for myself, my children, and unborn future grandchildren.

Replies