Hello all!

Options
My name is Melodee! I'm a young Canadian and I've been fat my entire life. And I've tried Weight Watchers and The 17 Day Diet. They all worked, for a little while, but it never stuck. I've been seeing a dietitian for nearly 7 months and have had very little progress. In fact, it was even harder to loose weight, especially with a family that is also overweight and don't try as hard as they should to be healthy.
I'm 18 and I've pray I've got many great years ahead of me, some of the best ones seem to be approaching rather soon. And I don't want to waste another year feeling bad about my body.

To be totally honest, I love myself and my body very much. I know I'm not healthy, and I don't look the best I can but I don't think I'm ugly or gross and its take a long time to be able to look in the mirror and be content with what I saw.
I also love being plus size, but I know I just want less fat. I still want to be a big curvy girl, but I don't want to be this big.

Finally, if you've gotten through that novel of mine, I want to invite you to share a bit of your story and maybe we can be friends! I have a long journey ahead of me, and those are always better with people who are with you!

Replies

• Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have been overweight most of my life. Most of my excess weight came and stayed after I had my children. I've always paid more attention to and cared for others before myself therefore the weight sneaked up on me .now I want to take better care of me so I can be healthy and able to take extra good care of my husband who is not well.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow Canadian! Welcome to the MFP community! Just sent you a request