Fast food question

Options
Eagles8080
Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
when u go to fast food places like wendys and mcd and bk what do u all typically order besides salads? Good luck

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Are you actually asking what people order? Or is this a challenge? I'm confused by the "good luck" reference.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I look at their posted nutrition information (Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King) and find something that fits my day and my hunger. Sometimes that's a 6 piece spicy nugget and a side salad, or maybe a spicy chicken sandwich, or even a son of baconator.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I rarely go the these places because the menu all looks the same when you are on reduced calories.

Salads are not the only option - and sometimes you need to tweak those to be within calorie range.

A burger (no cheese) can fit my calories.....with a side salad.

A Jimmy John's sandwich isn't bad (hold the mayo...don't add cheese).

https://www.wendys.com/en-us/nutrition-info

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/nutritionfacts.pdf

https://www.bk.com/pdfs/nutrition.pdf

I can generally get more food if I make it myself. Just download their nutrition pages and see what fits.
  • Eagles8080
    Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It is not a challange. Some people when they end their paragraph wishes people good luck since we are all in the game to lose weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I look at the nutritional info and order what looks good and fits in my goals for the day.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If I'm going to buy junk food, I get whatever the heck I want to, and then adjust my others meals taken over the next few days to make sure I still have the weekly deficit I want.

For me, it's important that junk food feel like an indulgent treat instead of another calorie counted meal.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wendy's: Ultimate Chicken Grill & side salad (italian dressing) ~ 460 calories
    Burger King: Tender Grill chicken sandwich (No mayo I add BBQ sauce at home) & side salad ~ 480 calories
    McDonalds: I only get breakfast at mcdonalds, so 2 egg mcmuffins ~ 600 calories
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If I had to go to McDonald's and not get a salad, I would get a kiddie McNugget meal with the apples (if that's still a choice).
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Wendy's I'd go for either the single combo or spicy chicken combo. IDK even know what McD or BK offers these days but I'd probably just go for a small burger and fries.

But I rarely (as in almost never) go to these places. Total waste of calories IMO.
  • gatorsong
    gatorsong Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    There are options everywhere. Like someone else said, research on the individual chain's website and find something that fits your goals, just watch out for the sodium levels. There are some decent choices out there, some not so much.

Getting the kid's meals is another option, less food can help cut back on the calories.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat at fast food places. When I'm traveling I will stop for breakfast, the Egg McMuffin is around 350 calories, the Sausage McMuffin is a little higher. The sausage, egg and cheese muffin at BK is not bad. Both McD's and BK have oatmeal that is good as well as the fruit and yogurt parfait at McD's--only 150 calories. Starbucks oatmeal is not bad if you don't all all the add-ins. McDonald's does list the calorie counts on their menu so it's not too hard to stay within my daily amount.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Wendy's- Grilled chicken sandwich combo with a side salad OR just a large chili
    McDonald's- Premium grilled chicken wrap
    Burger King- GROSS.
  • playfullyme
    playfullyme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do like to get the fruit and yogurt parfait at McDonald's sometimes but honestly I just get whatever I feel like that day. Sometimes a hamburger, small fries, and diet soda. Sometimes a grilled chicken sandwich. It's important that I keep all foods that I enjoy within my reach because I will be more likely to fail if I am unable to go places like that and stay on plan"
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I honestly don't. I went to McDonald's for my kids the other day and got a filet-o-fish because I was starving and it just felt like a good idea at the time (PMS - and it wasn't, it didn't fill me up one bit), but before that I hadn't gone to any of those for a year...

Given the choice, I'd pick 3 fresco tacos at Taco Bell, but typically I'd rather save my calories for something tastier...
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Happy Meal....cuz want the toy.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    The places you mentioned, I just don't. Because I hate the taste, hate the smell, have to literally force myself to eat the food and then feel ill all day. If I absolutely have to, as in there in no other place to buy food from, or everyone else insists on eating there, which has happened a few times, I find sandwiches easier to stomach, although they still taste horrible compared to sandwiches from other places. It is not about calories, I would happily eat a pizza instead.
  • jolin83
    jolin83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd stay clear away from those places. You "think" you're eating well by just ordering a salad but the dressings are brutal and the salt they use to preserve those salads; bad bad all bad. Once in a while cheat meal is okay. But the sodium alone in those meals can reap havoc on your weight loss efforts. Not worth it. Better to make your own burger at home that way you have FULL control of toppings, how it's prepared and your condiments. Good luck.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Happy meal
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Anything grilled chicken with little to no sauce or toppings. And even then, rarely. Ohgod. So much sodium, it messes with my body sooo badly. All dat water weight. D: