Been almost a month this is so difficult

Options
xclntmgr
xclntmgr Posts: 13 Member
Anyone know why mfp doesn't account for calories burned on strength training...would be good to know how much energy I was expending there...I have lost 13 lbs since July 8th but this is hard peer pressure everywhere especially the husband who doesn't care about his weight

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Strength training burns a little amount of calories, but really there is no way for MFP to know how many calories YOU specifically burned. I've been logging for a year and have never once entered my weight training calories, and lost at the rate I set MFP to.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I don't know the reasoning behind it, though I would guess too many variables?? You can use reference sites like bodybuilding.com or livestrong.com for estimations, but remember they are just estimations, so I would suggest only eating back 50-75% of calories burned if you chose to log it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    When I still had a chunk of weight to lose what I did was log what MFP gave me for cardio, and lifted heavy, but ate back all of what the site gave me for my cardio. If it over estimated by 50-100 calories, that's about how much I burned strength training and it evened out well.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    For encouragement, since you (barely) qualify <g>, I recommend the WOMEN AGES 50+ discussion thread. There's a fresh one each month, and the one for August is about to be posted tonight. Find it, bookmark it, and join in. :-D I've been participating since late May, and it's a great bunch of women.
  • xclntmgr
    xclntmgr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendation Janet.
  • sharneymc59
    sharneymc59 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your doing so well though i am new and never knew about the 50 + women thread sounds more for me