I am a success story achieved Weight Watchers Lifetime Status healthy weight

Options
michelepiper940
michelepiper940 Posts: 29 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
I have been a weight watchers member for over 2 years and was a lifetime member for a year and a half. I lost 35 pounds. I changed my eating habits by eating the right foods and keeping trigger foods out of the house such as cookies etc. I enjoy Zumba and recently began yoga classes.I also lift free weights at home. I joined a local gym. This is a permanent lifestyle change for me. I cancelled weight watchers this month and I'm using mfp to track calories and continue my active lifestyle. I am at a healthy weight in the low 160s and I'm a little over 5ft 8. My goal is to maintain maybe lose about 3-5 more pounds.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Well done! I was a WW member for many years but cancelled when I realised I could do it myself on here for free. I admit though, that I've been kind of tempted to rejoin when I'm not far from goal, just to get lifetime, because I feel like I earned it for the amount of money I gave them over the years LOL
  • michelepiper940
    Options
    Thanks Alatarie! I realized I need to start learning how to do this on my own without being penalized every time I go 2 pounds above my goal weight. I've outgrown that now with weight watchers but I'm thankful that they helped me lose the weight. It doesn't work for everybody though.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done :-)
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WW didn't work for me. Everyone Is different. I hated counted points. I like to stay with eating healthy and watching my calories.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wait! Why did u cancelled just when u can start getting the free benefits of being Lifetime???
  • bfanny
    Options
    Oh I see cause u don't want to get "penalized" LOL I call it motivation and has kept me at goal for 6 years
  • michelepiper940
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Yes bfanny I want to learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle without weight watchers now. I was with them for over 2 years. I have learned what I needed to know. It's time for change. I will not go back to old eating habits and use my fitness pal to track my activities and calorie intake. I am going to a gym regularly now. Reading articles on healthy living will keep me motivated. I don't like weight watchers charging me for not showing up to weigh in or being above 2 pounds. During holidays, vacations it will happen and as a woman it will happen. I don't like them having access to my bank account and sucking out money when they choose lol. I achieved lifetime status there something many people will not reach. I will continue to keep the weight off now just in a different way.
  • provence9
    provence9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • michelepiper940
    Options
    thanks Provence!
  • bfanny
    Options
    Ok then...good luck! :)

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have been a weight watchers member for over 2 years and was a lifetime member for a year and a half. I lost 35 pounds. I changed my eating habits by eating the right foods and keeping trigger foods out of the house such as cookies etc. I enjoy Zumba and recently began yoga classes.I also lift free weights at home. I joined a local gym. This is a permanent lifestyle change for me. I cancelled weight watchers this month and I'm using mfp to track calories and continue my active lifestyle. I am at a healthy weight in the low 160s and I'm a little over 5ft 8. My goal is to maintain maybe lose about 3-5 more pounds.
    Best of luck to you! :)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was with WW a few years ago. I managed to lose about 20 lbs then hit a plateau and stopped going. It's not cheap to keep going there. It doesn't matter how you get there just as long as you get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!