Try again to eat healthy consistantly.

Options
My name is Dori, geeez I am approaching 60 years in age, and look back and think why did I let myself get out of control with my eating habbits. Surely this has to be about health and well being and not beauty at this time of my life. When ever I have approached this life style eating change, I start off with a hiss and a roar, then fall of the wagon so to speak, and pick it up again, the story of many of our lives, I expect.
So this is day 6, had a healthy loss, yet feeling tired, and admittedly I know I am not taking in enough calories. So thought this morning bacon and eggs, toast and a cuppa, but from somewhere came the willpower to have rice bubbles and a cuppa. But have to admit I feel low in motivation to get through the day eating healty.
Tomorrow is Church picnic day, oh gads, these are times I do worst, all that lovely prepared food, buffet style, and lots of people overeat, but I think what will happen if I do, will Monday see me giving up again? I ask myself, is there strength yet to limit myself? I do at home, but at home there is only healthy food. No processed cakes, chips, burgers, biscuits oh you know the list I am talking about......
So in a reasonably desperate attempt to give myself the best opportunity to overcome the slump, I am exploring My Fitness Pal, and reading blogs, and any information that might inspire me to back to feeling confidnet that "I am going to do this, because I love my life and want to have as much energy as I can these latter years".

Replies

• rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Most of us have done the yo-yo weight gain/loss, you are not alone here. :)
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dori, I am 61 and your story is sort of mine! Been here for 20 days. Started with total resolve, lost 4 lbs my 1st week and 1 lb my 2nd. Went to a wedding last sat and totally blew my eating plan and it was a down hill slide since then! Yesterday got back on track but know I've got to get moving again with the exercise too.

My goals are also primarily about health and strength... No vanity here! LOL You can absolutely do this! (me too!) Check out the success posts, before and after pix etc. to get that motivation going. I also read about others exercise plans and though they may be 22 year old girls, that's okay. They are running for miles as I walk 1/2 mile twice a day. Bottom line is that we have to start right where we are and if we don't do it today, where will we be in 6 months or a year?

You've made that first step by joining MFP so just dig in and use it! Best to you!
  • MrsDori
    MrsDori Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you both, I was not expecting anyone to read me. I came in to copy for my daughter as she initiated this for the two of us. And I wanted to share my down day with her. So I had my ricies this morning, a smoothie made with fruit and water and having a salad from the garden and 6oz of ground meat to pump up my protein in the hope that I get through this day, knowing if I do I will be better armed for the picnic tomorrow. I hear you Maggiemay!!!
    Hope we get to talk some more!