CHIA Seeds

Options
hello lovelies, does anyone know some good Recipies for Chia seeds? Also are they tasty & what are their health benefits

Replies

• dreamof_perfection
    dreamof_perfection Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've heard they make a good substitute for oatmeal.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    They don't taste like anything imo. You need to add "flavour" to them.

I make Chia protein pudding. It's ok. Plenty of other things I'd prefer to eat!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I soak them in almond milk overnight for my little one's smoothies. I also use them to thicken dishes instead of flour or cornstarch.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    They don't taste like anything imo. You need to add "flavour" to them.

I make Chia protein pudding. It's ok. Plenty of other things I'd prefer to eat!

This. For the calories, I'd rather eat something tasty.
  • dreamof_perfection
    dreamof_perfection Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    Nope.

I've never tried em, but a neighbor told me she eats them like oatmeal, is she crazy? I don't think I could get past the texture :p
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I occasionally toss some chia seeds in my yogurt. I also enjoy eating oatmeal. I can't imagine the aftermath of eating a bowl of chia seeds. I think your neighbor is crazy.

Chocolate chia pudding is OK. I don't like the texture of chia fresca, chia seeds mixed with lemon water. It tastes like I'm drinking a glass full of tadpoles.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I have them my oatmeal. They're glutinous do I wouldn't enjoy the texture if I added too much - about 2tsp per 50g of oats is enough for me. They don't add to the taste but I 'think' they help me last til lunchtime!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Lol...We love chia fresca. Of course, we also call chia "frog eggs" so we're all about the disconcerting feeling of tadpoles in our mouth.
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    I occasionally toss some chia seeds in my yogurt. I also enjoy eating oatmeal. I can't imagine the aftermath of eating a bowl of chia seeds. I think your neighbor is crazy.

Chocolate chia pudding is OK. I don't like the texture of chia fresca, chia seeds mixed with lemon water. It tastes like I'm drinking a glass full of tadpoles.