The struggle

Options
I honestly believe the Universe wants me Fat!! It's always something that's stops me. I need to stay motivated and focused on healthy even during the storms!

Replies

• D1dymus
    D1dymus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The universe doesn't want you fat, that self defeating voice wants you fat. However, keep putting one step in front the next and flip off that voice of dissent. Get back on the horse, when the world gives you lemons... Throw the lemons back in the worlds face. *kitten* the lemons.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The "Universe wants me fat" is nothing more than you allowing your stinkin' thinkin' to sabotage you getting out of your comfort zone (as it were).

It can be difficult at times to stay consistent and focused during the storms. Those storms, as much as we may not like them at times, are what brings depth to our soul, a spark to our heart, and a clearer vision of who we are and what we can achieve, if we will believe in ourself.

Work on changing the way you think about yourself. Being overweight is a temporary condition. It does not define who you are unless you allow it to.

One step at a time through the choppy waves of doubt and you will find you have more strength to stand that you are giving yourself credit for.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I would put the lemons in my water and go for a nice long walk. Buy a food scale and log everything you eat. Stay in a calorie deficit and the weight will come off. CICO. Good luck. You can do this!
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    its not fat darling its padding for all those bumps we never have, so lets get rid of it add me
  • lwillis12
    lwillis12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. But I meant it in a different way My parents are old and Ill and I'm constantly the one taking care of them. And it's ALWAYS something stoping me from putting me first. But I am determined to put me first now and stay HEALTHY. THANK YOU
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Between my husband, 3 kids & mother in law with Alzheimer's.. ummm yeah! I'm last one on the list. But we have to put our self first so that we can take care of others. I feel your pain. Add me it you'd like:)
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    It can be really challenging to make your own health a priority when you have got so much on your plate. As we know, getting healthy requires a certain a time commitment (even just recording daily on MFP takes time and energy) and it may be less overwhelming to start with small attainable goals to rebuild your confidence and allow you to ease your way back. I always liked the analogy of being on an airplane during an emergency-- you have to put on your own oxygen mask first so you can think clearly before trying to take care of anyone else.
  • JCtrack21
    JCtrack21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

The important thing is your intention.

Nice day

Julien
  • lwillis12
    lwillis12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :)