New to the forums, but not MFP

Options
I'm also not new to the struggle of dealing with being overweight and trying to lose weight! I've been a MFP member since about January 2013 on and off. I was off for awhile and this year hit my highest weight ever, right at the same time that I got engaged! Great, he asked me while I'm fat but not only do I want to lose for my big day next June, I want to just feel better. Doctor said my sugar was high so that's scary. I took up clean eating over the spring and coupled with MFP have lost about 9lbs (fluctuates). Some weeks are better than others. I really need to buckle down and stop cheating on the regular, watch my carbs/sugar and work out more. I work out and then fall, eat well and then cheat. It's an ongoing circle of hell. Joining these forums now hoping to get a little more motivation. I'm 34, female living on the Jersey Shore and weighed in at 200lbs (AAAAAHHH!!), now about 190-192. My goal weight by next June is at least 165 (less would be better), but would love to drop 15-20 more by October when we're taking engagement photos. Looking forward to getting fit with you all!

Replies

• christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have lost-- and regained-- a ton of weight in my lifetime. Like most of us on MFP, I know a whole lot about what I SHOULD be doing and yet I would slip and regain. I started recording on MFP about 75 days ago and am determined that I am getting off this crazy diet roller coaster and really prioritize my health. One thing I have done differently for myself this time to really take a long, hard look at my thinking about changing my eating and exercise habits. I have learned a lot of useful strategies by reading Judith Beck's The Beck Diet Solution and 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle. It has really helped me personally to examine the thoughts that lead to me cheating-- one major one for me is that after being really, really disciplined for a time, I will become resentful that I can't eat like a "normal" person and go off the rails-- and try to change my thinking. I also allow myself on indulgence meal a week and one really good dessert so I don't feel deprived-- it is much easier for me to ignore the oreos at work if I can tell myself that I can eat something really special on Saturday. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. I live outside of Philadelphia and would LOVE to be at the Jersey shore right now.
  • lia0821
    lia0821 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Christa! Living on the shore has its perks like being able to walk at night on the boardwalk and feel completely safe since there's so many people around! Plus the ocean breeze makes those hot nights feel a lite more bearable. Thanks the book recommendation I'll have to check it out! I noticed after clean eating how awful I feel once I eat poorly, but then the I get the cravings again. Like today I HAD to have a sub or do they call them hoagies in Philly? Lol. Seriously my mind wouldn't rest til I had it. Had a lighter dinner and stayed within my calories but I was chugging water vencayse it left me so thirsty! Just not worth it. Tomorrow is a new day