New from Chicago area.... have over 200 pounds to lose

Options
BV1980
BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
Hi, my name is Brian. I live in the Chicago suburbs. I am going to start using this site beginning tomorrow. At my highest I weighed 452 pounds. That was last February. I had won my fantasy football league and I took the winnings and bought a gym membership and 24 personal training sessions. I got through all those and lost close to 40 pounds. As of today I am 424 pounds. I would like to get down to about 235 or so.

This is kind of a last chance effort thing for me. I am 31 years old and have always been big my whole life. I never felt that big, but I guess it got away from me in college and I went from just being overweight to being the mess that I am today. It causes such probelms in my life. I went on a vacation in March to Phoenix for White Sox spring training, but I had to buy 2 seats to fit on the airplane. It's very embarassing and I can never just relax and do normal things that most people take for granted.

I want to know what it feels like to be in shape and be able to do simple things like buy clothes in a normal store. The biggest thing for me though is I want a relationship. I have never really had a girlfriend because of my weight. I am in my 30s now and own my own home and have a successful career. All of my friends are married and I am left behind. The life I have now sucks. It's very lonely and I am unable to do the things I want.

I really hope this works for me.

-Brian

Replies

• joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian, I used to live in the Chicago area, about 23 years ago, I am married and about to be 41, and I have a lit of weight to lose, I have set myself a goal of 40 pounds. Good luck to you, and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian, I can relate. I'm sending a friend request to ya :0)
    This site can be very helpful and motivating if you really use it!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian,

Welcome! I lost about 90 lb counting calories on a different site and going to the gym before, and then gained a bit back. I need to lose around 50 lb to reach my goal. This site is great if you are into gadgets and keeping lists etc. You will do fine, especially if you can get the personal trainer/get going to the gym. My motto is just to go to the gym, even if I only do 10 minutes on one of the machines - I usually find I do much more if I am just in the right place, plus being around fit healthy people seems to rub off.

You can do it!

Cheers
    Ashleigh
  • morningsunrise
    morningsunrise Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian

I'm in the UK and only joined myself yesterday.

I went through the entire 'before and after' thread on the success stories and if you need any additional inspiration that's the place to go!

Good luck - you can do it!

ps - I'm going to friend you.
  • sweet_t2483
    sweet_t2483 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    friend request sent--I have to lose 50 lbs before I can start fertility treatments. overall I would like to lose 110 lbs. good luck--this seems to be a very supportive group. I enjoy posting my daily weigh-ins and food diary. It's nice to get praise for even the sallest accomplishment--it's very refreshing!
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    Welcome, Brian!

I believe in this site 100%.

I started last October, and have lost 83lbs as this morning. You can totally do this! It will work for you, I promise! Allow yourself to become a little obsessed.. Log all your foods and your exercise, and before you know it, you'll see some changes.

Sending you a friend request!

Amy
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend, support and encouragement are really important because, let's face it - we are both in it for the long haul! I myself have almost 90lbs to lose and understand some of your frustrations with wanting to feel "normal".
    Good luck on your journey, I hope you find the network of support you need to change your life!
  • j_m_evers
    j_m_evers Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi guys I have 90 extra pounds I would like to lose. I don't know why all the good food has to be so fattening, GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE.