Confused exercise calories.

Options
so I am trying to lose weight,

The bit that confuses me is....I should eat 1200 calories a day to lose weight apparently....but then I gain an extra 300-500 from exercise

Do I eat these extra calories from working out or don't I?

If I do eat them will I still lose weight?

Thankyou if you respond :)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Go read the stickies... it's pretty evident that you haven't completely grasped the idea of a caloric deficit. Oh, and you triple posted this thread.

You eat 1200 calories. When you burn calories, eat all of them back - because you're already in a deficit.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep eat those extra calories. Be aware, however, machines and MFP over estimate calorie burns.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    When using mfp, yes you eat those calories back. Be careful of the assumed calorie burn on exercise. Many overestimate your burn. It is usually recommended here to eat back 50%-75% of those calories.

the 1200 is with the deficit to lose weight... exercise is extra.
    Example 1200 + 300 (exercise) =1500 cal to eat. Some don't eat back any b.c of errors in your food log.

Read the stickies, the recommended posts in the community, they are very helpful.
    Good Luck. :)
  • jolin83
    jolin83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Danni: Yes, it them. You're body is already in a caloric deficit. Don't worry, you will continue to lose weight. :)
  • jolin83
    jolin83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not "it them" eat them. Lol. B)
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat back my burned calories, but only half of them. So if I burn 300, I only eat back 150. Especially since there's a lot of overestimates.