Recovering From Anorexia

Options
occultllama
occultllama Posts: 31 Member
Hi guys, I'm currently trying to recover from Anorexia and I would really like some friends/motivators/advisors. So yeah, add me! I'm in inpatient at the moment so there's no risk of triggeringly low calories in my diary or whatever... Oh and please no one who eats under 1200 calories per day, I have to eat closer to 2000 to gain weight and I find it upsetting.

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 1200 camp but just wanted to offer you some support. Hang in there, keep to your calorie goal, and get healthy. We're all trying to reclaim control over something that should be so natural- eating the appropriate amount of healthy food daily to maintain the proper weight. Easy to say.........
  • sharhealth
    sharhealth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am currently in recovery (IP) eating 3000 calories per/day now. I've been here for two months. Yes, it is difficult journey ahead of us. Add me if you need some support from someone who can relate.

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old,
    but on building the new."
    Socrates
  • mommyj134
    mommyj134 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've battled eating issues since I was 17 its hard and no one understands unless u have been there. Stay true to your self and always rem you r beautiful and hang in there it's hard but u can do it trust in god and yourself
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am on the lose weight train since I have been obese most of my life but I want to give my support! You got this! Food is your friend when you treat it right. :]
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Can add me. I dont really log all my food though. It looks like i eat 800 but i eat more
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm also in recovery from anorexia, although I don't have an open diary (I'll give you the pin if you want it) I can definitely relate and be supportive. Feel free to add me~
  • akshaykalhan
    akshaykalhan Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am on a lean bulk ...currently consuming close to 2k calories...I want to give my support too. you can add me.
  • MyFullName
    MyFullName Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm also in recovery from anorexia, and have been for over 2 years now. Congratulations on taking those first steps toward freedom! This is a long road, and not a straight one... I've found being gentle with myself is just as important as getting the right amount of calories. Today, I try to eat ~2100 cal/day. My diary is public so please feel free to have a look.
  • THE_BadRomancer
    THE_BadRomancer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Even 2000 is a little low for gaining in recovery. When I was in treatment I was eating 3000+. I'm gonna send you an add since I'm in recovery as well & am trying to regain. :/
  • bubblegirl57
    bubblegirl57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also recovering and finding it hard to eat the right amount of calories. Add me if you like for some support