Pre-op sleeve

Options
Anyone here have or having the sleeve done? My surgery is scheduled for August 24th but I have started the pre-op diet early.

Replies

• neaty521
    neaty521 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm scheduled to get sleeved Sept 1st. I started my pre-op early as well. Its a struggle, but I'm doing it. Where ya having it done.
  • rhontique
    rhontique Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am barely into the process. My insurance requires 6 months of doctor supervised weight loss. I am in week 1, so no surgery for me until 2016. I am trying my best to make this 6 months really count. But that is easy to say after only 5 days! I am so hoping that My Fitness Pal will help keep me on the straight and narrow. I need to lose 130 pounds and I am 63 years old.
  • rhontique
    rhontique Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Facebook has a couple of groups that are for bariatric surgery support. Have you found them?
  • yiseniagr
    yiseniagr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on that road too! A month ago I started low carbs, just vegetables and protein. It is really challenging. I started in July 2nd, 'till Today: 19lbs.
    My insurance request 4 months of clinical notes. I am just waiting and doing all sorts of testing in the meantime. Good luck!
  • palmerb2
    palmerb2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning this. I called insurance today and they said I need a six month weight loss program. Is this just going to your doctor and being monitored as you do what they recommend or do you actually have some special weight loss place you have to go to.
  • nicet56
    nicet56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi palmerb2! I'm just starting this as well (as of July 2015). It's best to clarify with your insurance company exactly what they mean. For my insurance company, it could be either/or. However, in my opinion it's best to do it with your doctor because most insurance companies require documentation and usually your doctor does notes and can provide the medical records. I am doing my weight loss program through my doctor's office. Hope this helps, and best of luck with your weight loss journey! :smile:
  • karencollinspettus
    Options
    I just started the Pre Diet for Bariatric Surgery through Kaiser. Please add me so we can help each other out! All the support I can get will help. I love to see how we do. I don't plan on having my surgery until Jan 2016 due to a planned trip out of the country. Don't want to be far from my Dr. It will be tough staying in this diet during that vacation but taking one day at a time! Good luck to all!