Sharing 5 min soup recipe - for busy people

Options
enkiemonkey
enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
edited August 2015 in Food and Nutrition
hi everyone

I just started my journey 12 days ago and so far have seen 6 lb result. I thought perhaps I could share one of my easy recipe in case anyone else is interested.

Culturally I am Asian. And my family has always incorporated clear broth to start dinner meals. My dad makes this awesome pork rib soup that I now eat as my dinner on week nights. You can make a huge pot and it will last you three days.

Ingredients:
A pack of pork ribs (trim off any obvious big chunks of fat)
A head of Napa cabbage (cut into 3 inch segments)
A pack of extra firm tofu (cut into blocks roughly the size of two big lego rectangle blocks)
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
A tbsp of miso paste

Dust the ribs with some salt and pepper

I first coat the bottom of the soup pan with a light layer of olive oil. Then sear the pork ribs on each side (1-2 min each side is fine)

You can choose to throw in some ginger and garlic if you want some extra flavor.

Then just fill up the pan with water (it helps to pre boil the water in a water kettle). Throw in the miso paste, Napa cabbage and tofu. Let it boil for 15 min. Salt and pepper to taste.

The combination of pork meat and sweetness of the Napa cabbage will give it a great savory flavor that the miso paste will bring out further.

For each dinner. I just have a huge bowl of soup filled with lots of veggies and tofu. And have at most two ribs.

Hope this is helpful. I also have a great seaweed soup recipe too.

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - the recipe and your fantastic weight loss, both! Please do share the seaweed soup recipe too - thanks for sharing!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful. :) I have miso in my fridge and did not figure out what I could do with it yet.
  • JoAnnRyan123
    JoAnnRyan123 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great share!
  • enkiemonkey
    enkiemonkey Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I hope this is useful for everyone on the same journey for health and fitness. :)