In need of a motivation buddy!

Options
Hey! My names is Christina and I have struggled with weight loss my whole life. I'm currently 170 pounds, but people always tell me I don't look it. I like to use the "I don't have time to work out" excuse while I'm at college, but I know that's false.
The truth is, I hate going to the gym because I hate the feeling of thinking I'm being watched. I'm tired of feeling unattractive in everything I wear. I'm searching for a friend who is motivating.

Replies

• Ctbiggs
    Ctbiggs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've just started back recently too. I understand the weight struggle. Add me if you would like.
  • stef880610
    stef880610 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are halfway there by using the app, all you need to do now is find a way to do some exercise you feel comfortable with. Get on it!!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Happy to help with motivation and maybe some exercise ideas -- I get that whole people watching you at the gym thing. Feel free to add me.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You do not have to go to the gym. You can go play tennis, bowling, dance at home, buy exercise tapes, go for walks, swimming, whatever you enjoy doing. While you are moving doing whatever, you are burning calories :)
  • loribrianne1991
    loribrianne1991 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too have been struggling recently. Been trying to get these pesky 10-15 pounds off for a WHILE. I am a retail manager and use the excuse that I don't have a lot of time to make it to the gym, but I have loads of time for watching netflix :wink: Feel free to message me, my diary is open to friends. :smiley:
  • sammiayva
    sammiayva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too, feel free to add me if a chat and support :) xx