Intermitted fasting

Options
intermitted fasting is something I learned about while at school at Arizona State University. My roommate and I were very much into staying fit, eating healthy, and tracking progress. We liked to try different methods of dieting out, and this is one aspect I took interest in. My goal is to fast about 15-16 hours minimum before consuming my calories, and it's always post workout. If anyone has tips or advice regarding intermitted fasting please let me hear it!

Replies

• ArnSnee
    ArnSnee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been trying it out myself just now!! 4 weeks in and it's defo working following an "if it fits your macros" too so had a lot of freedom to eat small treats and just count them in to daily cals!! Lost a kilo this week and not been able to do any cardio as been too busy!! Committing to it for 6 months to see the outcome!! :-) add me cos u could probably help each other out!!
  • ArnSnee
    ArnSnee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm fasting for 16 hours on workout days and 20 on non workout days!! 2400 cals workout days and 1500 non workout days!! Still playing around with my carb intake!! Today I've went off the scale and ate a whole cheesecake but then it is Saturday!! Lol
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I do this, but not on a regular schedule. not for the weight loss but for the other possible benefits. in mice it extended life, reduced diabetes and heart disease, etc. human trial haven't been going long enough to give solid proof yet, and there's still no evidence on what is the ideal schedule, but they've found things like a reduction in the markers that could indicate a higher probability of future alzheimer's, along with some hints towards similar benefits to those seen in mice.

I figure it can't hurt and it might help.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I start by calling it intermittent fasting. ;)
  • MistyBlue9
    MistyBlue9 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article about the fasting mimicking diet which is similar to intermittent fasting except you have to do it for 5 continuous days. Waiting for more information on it though.
  • stef880610
    stef880610 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Started on Monday and I must say, it is definitely getting easier. This app is great for tracking cals. Good luck mate!
  • brian_m22
    brian_m22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses! Typically I workout 6-7 days a week. I know this is not a diet that works for everyone, but I do feel it works for me. I can easily go a day without eating and it wouldn't bother me. So eating the majority of my meals within a short time span makes it easy for me consume all my macros needed.