Big boobs

Options
i need help. I am a large breasted woman and having a hard time finding a supportive sport bra. Doing any type of jumping in my exercising is very painful.... And I love doing Zumba. TIA

Replies

• sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. I have to wear two bras and still wish there was more support. Although, it's another motivator to lose weight. It'll get easier as the boobs get smaller.
  • lpd11
    lpd11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's not easy being blessed with a big chest. I use Shock Absorber bras, they don't stop the movement but make it much more comfortable. But don't let it discourage you - keep up the zumba!
  • plukas12
    plukas12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Enell. Worth every penny!!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    What worked for me wa I went down one or two sizes in sporta bras so that my boobs would be nice and squished against my chest. It didnt look flattering but I dont care considering I go to the gym to get fit not find a wife.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Would wrapping an ace bandage tightly around your chest help?
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home. When I do I hold my breasts against my chest. I would consider doing it in public too. ALL the large breasted women wish that they had the "balls" to do so. Much less painful. I can't weight to get this weight off of my chest!
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    There are several other threads discussing this with brand recomendations.
    Use the search function ;)
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Supporter!!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I liked to wear 2. One higher quality under and then a stretchier one over. Less expensive and more supportive than the really high end ones.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Giggerty.
  • mcmorrow33
    mcmorrow33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use a sports bra brand called 'Panache' and believe me it was the best money I ever spent
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I will second Panache...it was great, even though I just ordered something new to try because my size changed. As much as I liked it, I just thought I'd try something new. I ordered a Glamorise double layer custom control this time to try out. I'm an F cup and it always sort of feels like there might be something *perfect* out there in the bra department even when I find something that's great. Especially sports bras. Lots of terribles, a few that are ok, a couple great ones... but I feel like there's got to be that one perfect one, you know?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Regular bra + shaper top is the only thing that works for me
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing I was HUGE - it was very uncomfortable to workout. What worked for me was wearing an small sports bra over my regular bra.
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Lane Bryant and love it. For me personally, the issue isn't so much support from underneath. I need compression specifically from above. I used to do Insanity and there was so much jumping and up and down movement that it hurt if I wasn't totally compressed. The Lane Bryant bra supports both from underneath and compresses well. I don't know the specific style but their customer service has always been great for me about fitting you and making sure you get the right bra for what you need.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store. They sell high impact bras. Try the Maia by Moving Comfort. It has an underwire and form-cups that keep everything separated and secure. It is the best I've found for high impact sports.
  • jjburger77
    jjburger77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I second Maia by Moving Comfort. I'm slowly replacing the Champion bras I got from Target over the last few years with the Maia. Like most of you, I double up on the days I don't have the Maia on.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I wear two. I wear my regular under wire bra with a thick sports bra over it. Then I wear a tight spandex tank top over that.
  • dancing_chemical
    dancing_chemical Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Enell will change your life!
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I bought a Shock Absorber with a racerback, butit doesn't work for me. It puts too much strain on the muscles close to my neck and give me headaches!! I also have a Panache which I love, which has straps going over my shoulders. They work much better for me.