Restless

Options
i am starting to feel restless. I did weightwatchers for 3 yrs and lost 80 lbs...then I just got tired of it....between my ever growing bad attirude and a knee injury, I put back on some of that weight. So now Im working on losing again ....did WW and lost some but not consistantly. A few friends recommended MFP and here I am...and Ive lost about ten lbs counting calories but i'm getting restless again. I find i'm getting kinda fidgety having to micromanage everything. Intellectually I get it but emotionally I want to scream sometimes. Then I get frustrated.
I will keep plugging but Im losing my enthusiam.....does anyone else deal with this? How do you work through it?

Thanks!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're trying to be too perfect.

Let up a little on the micromanaging. It brings nothing but anxiety. Been there.

You already know what you should be eating if you've been successful in losing 80+ lbs. Try the 80 / 20 approach. 80% of the time you are watching what you eat and making healthy choices. The other 20% is where you still make healthy choices, but you don't obsess over the little details, and you have a small treat.

Just do it. Don't overthink it.
  • reallivefitness
    Options
    I get the same way. The only way I can solve it sometimes having a free day or weekend where I don't log. Doesn't mean that I just get to eat everything I want, but I don't have to worry about counting every calorie. Then, when I'm done being "bad," I can go back to being healthy and I'm good for another week or two. Keeps me from feeling like I'm sucking all the fun out of life my micromanaging everything.
  • Breezy929
    Breezy929 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    C have you ever read Intuitive Eating? Maybe something in that book would help.
  • jadedove
    jadedove Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)

Breezy-ive heard you and becca talking about it but havent read it yet.
  • stbxadict
    stbxadict Posts: 11
    Options
    I'd recommend Intuitive Eating also :) Great book and practicing Intuitive Eating has taught me a lot about myself. Maybe take a few days off from tracking.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm like that too. One week I'm on a roll, the next I'm not doing anything right.

I recommend Bob Greene's "Keep the Connection", especially the first chapter called "Motivation".

Stick with the plan (if you don't have one, then make one!) and good luck!
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    Options
    I find myself still getting angry -- but less often -- that I "can't" have this or that, and "why should I have to eat this way when everyone else gets to eat whatever they want?". But to me it's becoming more and more clear that by taking the time to think about what I eat and do, I am taking tender loving care of myself in a way that a donut or piece of cake does not.