Here I go again.....

Options
amya72
amya72 Posts: 13 Member
Annnnnd…..here I go again. How did I get here? Where do I go from here? I have struggled with weight loss for 20 years. I was a thin kid and pretty active in sports and what not up until I got pregnant with my first child. I had a bad case of preeclampsia (with all 3) and overnight (really – overnight!) I went from 140-145 to over 200 pounds. I didn’t even LOOK pregnant. I was so swelled I couldn’t hold a pencil to write even. A few months after having my first baby I went to play tennis and swelled up so bad that night I had to go to the ER and get my wedding ring cut off! I just never lost all of the baby weight with my first and it continued to multiply with the 2nd and 3rd. I’ve done numerous diets and diet pills and while it might work in the short term, it never lasts. I’m doing this again because now I’ve got horrible arthritis in one of my knees that I’ve just had a 3rd and final (for at least 6 months) shot of Euflexxa and if it doesn’t work it means a total knee replacement for me. The pain is so much less than it has been for the last year and a half that I just have to get some weight off. I’m taking baby steps at the gym because I surely don’t want to hurt it and make it where I’m down for the count again. I’m also logging my food and water and trying to make a lifestyle change that is going to work for good. As long as I can use/burn more calories than I take in it should work!! Feel free to add me if you’d like. I just kind of lurk on the boards and read what interests me – there’s always good advice to be had. Thanks for reading my long-winded ramble!

Replies