Maintenance calories

Options
Hey everybody, I'm just curious if anyone out there has a bmr calculator that's actually done well for them. Don't one after another and gotten usually somewhere above 3300 but scattered everywhere. I'm 6"5 210. About 17% body fat id say and I lift every day. Don't take rest days usually unless absolutely necessary.

Replies

• coltonweisbrod
    coltonweisbrod Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    And should probably mention that I'm a basketball player. Currently a junior college player. Transferred from a division 1 due to having a beautiful baby boy! But any way, I'm currently sidelined due to a shin fracture so not much cardio will be going on because of surgery lol for about the next 2-3 months probably.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do you mean TDEE?
    3300 seems a bit high for BMR.
    anyway, the one from scooby workshop is I believe the most recommended.

If you are really are that active 3300 seems okay for TDEE, but do adjust your activity level if you are going to be less active than normal.
    Is the being sidelined the reason for finding a new maintainance goal? If not, if you are not gaining any weight you can simply find your maintenance calories by accuratly tracking how much you eat.
    Anyway, less activity and eating the same amount will have most likely have you gain some weight, so adjust accordingly.