Ready for Change!

Options
I have had this account for a while but never really got into it. Maybe connecting with other users would make a difference this time around!

Little bit about me: My name is Sharie (23), I'm from Ontario, Canada and I'm studying to be a high school teacher! I've been in university for a long time and the freshman 15, poor sleeping habits, poor food options/choices have caught up to me :(

Little bit about my goals: I've been hovering between 215-225 lbs for the past few years. I'd like to get to at least 150, ideally 130 and if we're going borderline unrealistic, then 120 lbs, haha.

The internet has so much information that it is all so overwhelming. Do I need a fitness tracker? Do I need (insert expensive shake name here) for success? How do I get started with counting/tracking calories? Etc, I just feel lost in the noise of it all.

If there is anyone who has gotten the hang of it all and feels like being my mentor or inspiration, add me as a friend!

Similarly, if there is anyone on here who is in a similar mindset as me (teaching profession, broke university student, country music fan, terrible cook, winter>summer) then feel free to add me as well! Let's make a change together!

Replies

• rodneytracy
    rodneytracy Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you would like to add me you can. I would be willing to help you out with advise and motivation
  • Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, Sharie! Terrible cook here. :) I can relate to you in many ways...we should be friends!
  • loverunbefit
    loverunbefit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yesss!!! Add me too :smile:
  • ajschutte96
    ajschutte96 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sharie! I've struggled with eating well and exercising a lot because I'm also a broke university student and am studying to be a high school teacher too! My name is Angelica and I'm 19, we should be friends!! Xx :)
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The single most helpful thing you can do is track EVERYTHING you eat and drink every day. If a food scale is something you can't afford right now, a set of good measuring cups and measuring spoons are a lot less expensive and very, very helpful. One of the best things about MFP is the enormous database of food-- even if you are living on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as a student, chances are the type of bread and peanut butter you buy should be in there. I LOVE my Fitbit because I am very self-competitive but I tracked walks for years using my watch or my cell phone clock and google maps. Keep it simple-- move more, watch you portion size, eat more whole foods (and buy the best quality you can comfortably afford), keep sugar to a minimum and get support. This community is very supportive and is brimming with information.